BEIJING, July 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sinovac Biotech Ltd. (NASDAQ: SVA), a leading provider of biopharmaceutical products in China, announced today that it has been selected by the Beijing Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("Beijing CDC") to be a supplier of the seasonal influenza vaccine to the citizens of Beijing for 2014.
The Beijing CDC plans to order a minimum of 1.2 million doses of the seasonal flu vaccine this year from four domestic vaccine manufacturers for its vaccination campaign. Each manufacturer has agreed to supply no less than 300,000 doses. If required by the government, Sinovac may deliver additional vaccines. The exact quantity of doses to be ordered will depend on demand during the flu season. In 2013, Sinovac supplied approximately 400,000 doses of Anflu for the influenza vaccination campaign in Beijing. During last year's campaign, the Beijing CDC administered a total of approximately 1.49 million doses for free to its target population. The Company expects to begin delivering the vaccines in the third quarter of 2014.
Mr. Weidong Yin, Chairman, President and CEO of Sinovac, commented, "We are pleased to be selected once again by the CDC to supply seasonal flu vaccines for Beijing citizens. This vaccination campaign is an important step in protecting geriatric and school-age populations from influenza."
The Beijing CDC began purchasing seasonal flu vaccines in 2007 to prevent and control the spread of influenza among populations most susceptible to complications from the virus. Each year, the Beijing CDC evaluates potential suppliers on product quality, service and price, among other factors.
Sinovac Biotech Ltd. is a China
SOURCE Sinovac Biotech Ltd.
Copyright©2014 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Sinovac Receives Tender to Supply Inactivated Hepatitis A Vaccine Healive in Beijing Under Expanded Immunization Program
2. Sinovac Schedules 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
3. Sinovac Reports Unaudited Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results
4. Sinovac to Host Conference Call to Report Third Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results
5. Sinovac Reports Unaudited Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
6. Sinovac Schedules 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
7. Sinovac Appoints New Chief Financial Officer
8. Sinovac Reports Unaudited First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
9. Sinovac Beijing Obtains China GMP Certificate Under the New GMP Guidelines
10. Sinovac to Host Conference Call to Report First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results
11. Sinovac Appoints Ernst & Young Hua Ming Llp China as External Auditor