litters, polarizer arrays) can be created with silicon
photonics technologies and integrated with active elements.
In the report, we distinguish between Silicon photonics, CMOS photonics, hybrid silicon photonics, and III-V integrated photonics.
Silicon photonics has been restrained to R&D labs for a long time, but now the fi rst Silicon photonics products have shipped and an industrial infrastructure has been set up step-by-step.
DATA COMMUNICATION WILL DWARF ALL OThER SI APPLICATIONS
Although silicon photonics can address a wide range of applications, very few companies are actually shipping products.
The potential markets are:
• Telecom: Metro and long haul applications
• Datacom: Data centers and campus applications
• Consumer: Connect desktop PC devices and PCs with hDTVs
• hPC & Data Centers: Using AOCs or Embedded Modules
• Professional/Commercial Video: Digital signage, digital cinemas, video recording and studios
• Metrology and Sensors: Measurement of time, temperature, sound, frequency, stress, range using special silicon
• Medical: DNA, glucose, molecular and cellular analysis, etc... using special silicon photonics sensors
• Military/Aerospace/Scientifi c: Scientifi c instruments at corporate and national labs; aircraft, space missile, radar, imaging, intelligence applications
Data communications is the big market and will dwarf all other silicon photonics applications. Indeed, major datacom protocols are all moving to high-speed signaling and passing 10gbps where reach and signal integrity issues are surfacing for both copper and optical technologies. There is a clear trend to surpass 25gb in datacom protocols and this is where Si photonics will make sense.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Related medicine technology :1
The need will be driven by:
• Need for low cost, high-speed interconnects supporting ever increasing data rates at a
. Silicon Nitride Demonstrates Statistical Superior Osteointegration and Anti-infective Biomaterial Properties2
. Specialty Silicone Fabricators Inaugurates New State-of-the-Art Facility in Paso Robles3
. Physicians Capital Investments, Physicians Capital Markets, and EDGE Realty Capital Markets announce a new strategic initiative4
. GP Strategies to Present at the Credit Suisse Small & Mid Cap Conference5
. The SFJ Pharmaceuticals Group Announces Agreement With Pfizer to Co-develop Dacomitinib as First-Line Treatment for Patients With Advanced Non-small Cell Lung Cancer6
. AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Receives Fourth and Fifth U.S. Patents for Small-Volume Oral Transmucosal Dosage Forms7
. Researchers Set Record for Detecting Smallest Virus, Opening New Possibilities for Early Disease Detection8
. Patient Advocate Foundation Receives Significant Support to Aid Non-Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients through the Co-Pay Relief Program9
. Varian Medical Systems to Support an NCI-Sponsored Phase III Study Comparing Radiosurgery with Surgery for the Treatment of Early-Stage High-Risk, Operable Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer10
. CanCHEW Bio-Technologies, a Medical Marijuana Inc. Product, Dr. George Anastassov Appeared on Small Cap Voice Internet Radio Program To Discuss The CanCHEW Advantage11
. AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Receives Two Additional U.S. Patents for Small-Volume Oral Transmucosal Dosage Forms