ADDERALL XR - ADHD
ADDERALL XR product sales decreased by 9% due to the effect of lower prescription demand and destocking in Q2 2012 compared to stocking in Q2 2011. These negative factors were partially offset by lower sales deductions as a percentage of gross product sales in Q2 2012 compared to Q2 2011.
REPLAGAL - Fabry disease
REPLAGAL product sales growth was driven by the treatment of new patients, being both naïve patients and switches from FABRAZYME®. Reported REPLAGAL sales were impacted by unfavorable foreign exchange, due to the stronger US dollar in Q2 2012 compared to Q2 2011.
The reduction in REPLAGAL product sales between Q1 2012 and Q2 2012 was driven by the timing of certain large orders from markets which order less frequently.
ELAPRASE - Hunter syndrome
Reported ELAPRASE sales in Q2 2012 were impacted by unfavorable foreign exchange and also the timing of shipments, in Q2 2011 and Q1 2012, to markets which order less frequently. On a CER basis ELAPRASE product sales increased and patients on therapy continue to grow across all regions in which ELAPRASE is sold.
LIALDA/MEZAVANT - Ulcerative colitis
Product sales for LIALDA/MEZAVANT decreased in Q2 2012 as the effects of higher US prescription demand and a price increase taken since Q2 2011 were more than offset by destocking in Q2 2012 compared to stocking in the US market in Q2 2011, and the effect of lower priced imports into certain European markets.
VPRIV - Gaucher disease
VPRIV product sales growth was driven by the treatment of new patients, being both naïve patients and switches from CEREZYME
SOURCE Shire plc
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Maroon 5 Lead Singer Adam Levine and Shire Announce "The Own It Project," Encouraging Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder to Tell Their Stories Through a National Contest
2. Shire Delivers Strong First Quarter Performance and Reiterates its Expectation of Good Full Year Earnings Growth
3. Shire to Present Scientific Data Across Range of Psychiatric Disorders at American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting May 5-9
4. Shire Announces that the US Food and Drug Administration has Responded to its Citizen Petition for Adderall XR and has Approved One Abbreviated New Drug Application for Generic Adderall XR
5. Rapid Fire Marketing Funds Development of Second Generation Vapor Inhaler
6. Varian Medical Systems Reports Results for Second Quarter of Fiscal Year 2012
7. Avanir Pharmaceuticals Announces Date Of Fiscal 2012 Second Quarter Financial Results And Conference Call
8. The Female Health Company Reports Second Quarter Operating Results
9. Winner Medical Group Inc. to Host Second Quarter 2012 Earning Conference Call on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 9:00 p.m. EDT
10. Biodel to Report Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results on May 10, 2012
11. Landauer, Inc. Reports Fiscal 2012 Second Quarter Results