PHILADELPHIA, July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Shire, a global specialty biopharmaceutical company, has named the recipients of its 2013 US ADHD Scholarship Program. The program is for individuals in the United States diagnosed with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) who are pursuing higher education at a college, vocational school, or technical school. Fifty award recipients have been selected from  applicants across the United States. The recipients were selected on the basis of an essay explaining how ADHD has impacted their lives, letters of recommendation, community service, and volunteer and extracurricular activities.
In 2011, Shire introduced the ADHD Scholarship Program and awarded 25 scholarships. Due to the tremendous response, Shire doubled the number of scholarships to 50 in 2012. Shire will offer 50 scholarships in 2013. The scholarship program is part of Shire's patient-centric approach that offers support to patients with ADHD and their caregivers.
The Shire ADHD Scholarship includes a $2,000 monetary award and a prepaid year of ADHD coaching services. The coaching services are intended to assist the recipients in their pursuit of higher education and are provided by the Edge Foundation. For more information on the program, please visit http://www.ShireADHDscholarship.com.
The 2013 winners are: Bates, Meagan, Delaware; Bowman, Christian, Maryland; Butler, Enamarie, Maryland; Carray, Mariah, California; Copeland, Lewis, Virginia; Craft, Joshua, Mississippi; Erwin, Emily, Nebraska; French, Gabriel, Kentucky;
'/>"/> SOURCE Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Maroon 5 Lead Singer Adam Levine and Shire Announce "The Own It Project," Encouraging Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder to Tell Their Stories Through a National Contest
2. Shire Delivers Strong First Quarter Performance and Reiterates its Expectation of Good Full Year Earnings Growth
3. Shire to Present Scientific Data Across Range of Psychiatric Disorders at American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting May 5-9
4. Shire Announces that the US Food and Drug Administration has Responded to its Citizen Petition for Adderall XR and has Approved One Abbreviated New Drug Application for Generic Adderall XR
5. Shire Second Quarter Product Sales Up 16%
6. Dr Steven Gillis to Join Shire Board of Directors
7. Shire Leads New Initiative to Reveal Challenges Facing Rare Disease Community
8. NYSE Hot Stocks Earnings Forecast: Wells Fargo, Eli Lilly, Berkshire Hathaway, Coca-Cola, Valero Energy, and Altria Group
9. Shire Regenerative Medicine and HealTogether Partner with Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks to Raise Awareness of Diabetes and its Complications
10. Shire Delivers Strong 2012 Results and Reiterates Confidence in 2013
11. Shire Supports Rare Disease Day 2013