SHANGHAI, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ShangPharma Corporation (NYSE: SHP) (the "Company"), a leading China-based pharmaceutical and biotechnology research and development outsourcing company, today announced that it has called an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders (the "EGM"), to be held on March 20, 2013, at 10:00 am (Hong Kong time), at 42nd Floor, Edinburgh Tower, The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong, to consider and vote on, among others, the proposal to authorize and approve the previously announced Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated December 21, 2012 (the "Merger Agreement"), among the Company, ShangPharma Holdings Limited, ShangPharma Parent Limited and ShangPharma Merger Sub Limited ("Merger Sub") and the plan of merger required to be filed with the Registrar of Companies of the Cayman Islands, substantially in the form attached as Appendix I to the Merger Agreement (the "Plan of Merger") and the transactions contemplated thereby, including the Merger (as defined below).
Pursuant to the Merger Agreement and the Plan of Merger, Merger Sub will be merged with and into the Company (the "Merger") with the Company continuing as the surviving corporation. If completed, the Merger would result in the Company becoming a privately-held company and its American depositary shares (the "ADSs") would no longer be listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the American depositary shares program for the ADSs would be terminated. The Company's board of directors recommends that the shareholders and ADS holders vote FOR, among others, the proposal to approve the Merger Agreement, the Plan of Merger and the transactions completed thereby, including the Merger.
Shareholders of record at the close of business in the
SOURCE ShangPharma Corporation
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. ShangPharma Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results
2. ShangPharma to Report Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results on November 20, 2012
3. ShangPharma and Harbour Antibodies Announce Licensing Agreement
4. ShangPharma Announces Second Quarter 2012 Results
5. ShangPharma to Report Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results on August 20, 2012
6. ShangPharma Independent Committee Appoints Financial Advisor
7. ShangPharma Independent Committee Appoints Chairman and Legal Counsel
8. ShangPharma Announces Receipt of "Going Private" Proposal at $8.50 to $9.50 Per ADS
9. ShangPharma Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
10. ShangPharma to Report First Quarter 2012 Financial Results on May 17, 2012
11. ShangPharma Corporation Files 2011 Annual Report on Form 20-F