ANAHEIM, Calif., Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In 2012, there was an incident at Providence Saint Joseph's Medical Center in which a patient who was assaulted while attempting to commit a crime was cleared of charges and brought into the Emergency Room. Unbeknownst to the staff, the man was armed with a small concealed weapon. When it came time for his discharge, the patient grew volatile and threatened a nurse. Two police officers already on the scene intervened, attempting to calm him, but he continued to grow more aggressive, striking one of the policemen trying to restrain him across the face. In need of assistance, one of the officers was forced to leave his partner alone with this dangerous man and go outside the building to radio for backup because the E.R. was essentially a dead zone for the Police and Fire Department radios. This was one of the last times such an incident occurred at St. Joseph's, and that is because of Global Holdings' CEO, Mr. Sam Solakyan, whose generous donation to the Medical Center has made huge strides in increasing the communication capabilities in the E.R.
"When I heard about the inability for police and fire personnel to stay in communication with those that can give them vital information or send backup when it is needed, I was shocked," says Solakyan. "I knew that this problem must be addressed immediately." Sam Solakyan, who is on the Board for Providence St. Joseph's—as well as a prominent member of the healthcare community through his multi-faceted companies—quickly set out to find a solution. "The E.R. is often times a very chaotic area," states Dr. Angelique Campen<
SOURCE Global Holdings, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Sam Solakyan, CEO of Vital Imaging Announces purchase of cutting edge equipment
2. Apex Fights Back Against ResMeds Patent Litigation
3. Pharmacy Technicians Can Be Leaders In Pharmacy Crime Preparedness
4. Chicago Crime Commission calls on Gov. Quinn to veto medical marijuana bill
5. Maroon 5 Lead Singer Adam Levine and Shire Announce "The Own It Project," Encouraging Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder to Tell Their Stories Through a National Contest
6. ConvaTec Donates $10,000 To AAWC Global Volunteers Program Through SAWC Walk For Wellness
7. Attendees Save Up To $800 on Global Healthcare Conferences in 2012 by Registering Through Global Information Inc.
8. Global Pharmaceutical Leaders All Converging in Parsippany, New Jersey on September 11-12, 2012 for Breakthrough Event
9. IntelligentMDx Announces CE-Marking of a new high-throughput test for Group B Streptococcus intended to improve womens health and prenatal care
10. Attendees Save up to $350 on CHI Conferences This Summer by Registering Through Global Information
11. Cannabis Science Gets Set to Release "Phytiva" Its Newest Brand of Over-the-Counter Skin and Nutraceutical Product Lines Through its Newest Venture Phytiva Pharmaceuticals Inc.