SCHAUMBURG, Ill. and MORRISTOWN, N.J., May 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company, and Actavis Inc., a leading global generic pharmaceutical manufacturer, have launched an exclusive collaboration to develop and market a select group of specialty injectable medications for the United States.
Under the agreement, Actavis will develop, obtain U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval, and supply the products, which Sagent will market in the United States. Financial terms of the agreement have not been disclosed.
"Actavis' impressive injectable pipeline, substantial development and supply capabilities and excellent record of execution make Actavis an outstanding partner for Sagent," said Jeffrey M. Yordon, Sagent's chief executive officer, founder and chairman of the board. "This collaboration complements Sagent's strategy by quickly adding products to our marketed portfolio and we look forward to working with Actavis to expand our collective portfolio."
Doug Boothe, chief executive officer of Actavis Inc., said the strategic collaboration with Sagent will enable consumers in the United States to benefit from the company's global expertise in developing and manufacturing specialty injectable products.
"By combining our injectable pipeline with Sagent's and partnering with their sales and marketing team, we have increased our potential to serve the U.S. market for these valuable products beyond what either of our companies could have achieved independently," Boothe said. Headquartered in Mor
SOURCE Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Actavis Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Sagent Pharmaceuticals Announces U.S. FDA Tentative Approval of Additional Adenosine Injection, USP Vial Presentations
2. Sagent Pharmaceuticals Announces FDA Approval of Labetalol Hydrochloride Injection, USP
3. Sagent Pharmaceuticals Launches Pamidronate Disodium Injection
4. Sagent Pharmaceuticals Bolsters Antibiotics Offering With Two Product Launches
5. Sagent Pharmaceuticals to Present at Piper Jaffray Health Care Conference
6. Sagent Pharmaceuticals to Present at Two Upcoming Financial Conferences
7. Sagent Pharmaceuticals Launches Vinorelbine Injection, USP
8. Sagent Pharmaceuticals Announces Launch of Adenosine Injection, USP, in 6 mg per 2 mL Single-Dose Vials
9. Epix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces the May 28, 2010 Auction Sale of EP-3600 MRI Imaging Agent
10. Reportlinker Adds The Outlook for Pharmaceuticals in Western Europe
11. ISTA Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Ninth Annual JMP Securities Research Conference