NEW YORK, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP is investigating claims on behalf of investors of MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("MAP Pharmaceuticals" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: MAPP) (ISIN: US56509R1086) (CUSIP: 56509R108) concerning the proposed acquisition of MAP Pharmaceuticals by Allergan, Inc. in a transaction valued at approximately $985 million in cash.
The investigation concerns whether the MAP Pharmaceuticals directors are breaching their fiduciary duties by failing to adequately shop the Company and maximize shareholder value. Under the terms of the agreement, MAP Pharmaceuticals shareholders will be entitled to receive $25.00 per share in cash for each share of MAP Pharmaceuticals common stock. However, at least one analyst noted that the offered price undervalues MAP Pharmaceuticals' new migraine treatment drug Levadex.
MAP Pharmaceuticals shareholders seeking more information about this acquisition are advised to contact Robert Willoughby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-661-1100 or 888-476-6529, ext. 237.
The firm is also investigating actions on behalf of shareholders for the following companies: Arbitron Inc., Net1 Ueps Technologies, Inc., Hi-Crush Partners LP, Intermec, Inc., SandRidge Energy, Inc., Abiomed, Inc., Universal Technical Institute, and Clearwire Corporation, Ameristar Casinos, Inc. K-Swiss, Inc., Neptune Technologies Bioressources, Inc. Telanetix, Inc.
The Pomerantz Firm, with offices in New York, Chicago and San Diego, is acknowledged as one of the premier firms in the areas of corporate, securities, and antitrust class litigation. Founded by the late Abraham L. Pome
SOURCE Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. BD Announces Webcast of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
2. Accelr8 to Hold 2012 Annual Meeting of Shareholders; Product Development Continues with Launch Expected in 2015
3. SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Morgan & Morgan announces an investigation of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: VRTX) and whether senior management and the board of directors violated fiduciary duties owed to Vertex shareholders.
4. Delaware Court of Chancery Dismisses Vermillion Dissident Shareholder Suit with Prejudice
5. SurgLine International, Inc. Shareholder Update
6. Ampio Provides Progress Report on Clinical Programs in Preparation for Annual Shareholders Meeting
7. Cannabis Science Provides Corporate Guidance on Preclinical Initiatives and Recent Corporate Developments for its Shareholders; CBIS Announces plans for 1st Q of 2013 Webinar Investor Call
8. Winner Medical Announces Mailing of Definitive Proxy Materials for Special Meeting of Shareholders
9. WuXi PharmaTech Announces Shareholder Resolutions Adopted at 2012 Annual General Meeting
10. Medbox Announces Increase in Shareholder Base and Record Revenue Generated in Q3
11. Cardinal Health Announces Preliminary Shareholder Voting Results at 2012 Annual Meeting