WILSONVILLE, Ore., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- SAM Medical Products is pleased to announce it has received 510(k) regulatory clearance from the FDA for the release for sale of the SAM Junctional Tourniquet (SJT). Building upon the highly successful SAM Pelvic Sling II presently utilized by health care professionals around the world to immobilize pelvic fractures, the SJT is designed to also control bleeding where standard tourniquets would not be effective. Such wounds are typically junctional in nature, such as a high level leg amputation as a result of an IED blast injury. Time is of the essence for patients with these types of injuries, and the SJT's simple design allows application (in standard industry training models) for hemorrhage control in less than 25 seconds in most cases. Compact and lightweight, it can easily be carried in a medical bag or attached to a backpack.
Recent studies indicate that junctional hemorrhage accounts for up to 20% of preventable deaths in combat.1 The SAM Junctional Tourniquet was designed, using input from key military medical personnel, to treat these injuries by placing pressure on an artery to stop the flow of blood to a region of the body. The trademarked and patent pending innovative design utilizes a rugged Target Compression Device (TCD) which, once targeted by the medic, is inflated to apply the necessary amount of pressure. Each SJT can utilize up to two TCD's to treat bilateral injuries. The unique combination of both a mechanical belt buckle and a pneumatic TCD allow for quick application and effective, expedient hemorrhage control.
"We designed the SAM Junctional Tourniquet as an easy to use, multi-purpose product that can be applied quickly in life-threatening situations" said
SOURCE SAM Medical Products
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Mindray Medical to Exhibit New Products at 69th China International Medical Equipment Fair
2. Valeant Pharmaceuticals And Obagi Medical Products Agree On An Increased Offer Price Of $24.00 Per Share In Cash
3. Call for Speaker Nominations: The 2013 MEDevice San Diego Forum on Medical Design & Manufacturing, Advanced Technology, and Implantable Devices
4. Ultroz Elite Wearable Ultrasonic Therapy System was Named as Finalist in the 2013 Medical Design Excellence Awards
5. SonaCare Medical Successfully Launches New Products at European Association of Urology (EAU)
6. SynteractHCR Appoints Bill Pierce as Chief Information Officer and Richard Paul as Chief Medical Officer and Vice President Medical/Regulatory Affairs
7. Nonin Medical annuncia lo spostamento del Centro Assistenza Clienti dalla Svezia ai Paesi Bassi
8. MD+DI Announces 46 Innovative Products as Finalists in 2013 Medical Design Excellence Awards
9. Quest Diagnostics Names Sukumar Nagendran, M.D., Vice President, Medical Affairs
10. Merit Medical Systems Announces Earnings Release Date/Time and Conference Call Information for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2013
11. Nonin Medical verlegt Kundendienstzentrum von Schweden in die Niederlande