ST. LOUIS, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (NASDAQ: SIAL) today announced that its custom manufacturing and services business unit, SAFC (www.safcglobal.com), is expanding its line of PharmaGrade products with the addition of 20 raw materials for biopharmaceutical manufacturing. The PharmaGrade portfolio of high quality buffers, amino acids and specialty chemicals is expected to double in size by the end of 2013.
As the premier product line within SAFC's critical raw material offering, PharmaGrade addresses the need for greater supply chain transparency and enhanced quality for biopharmaceutical manufacturing applications. Products in the PharmaGrade portfolio are provided with full documentation of manufacturing history, are compliant with either GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards or the SAFC Elite Quality grade standards, and are quality assurance reviewed and released. PharmaGrade products also include applicable change control notification and a dedicated product support team.
Since its launch in early 2012, the PharmaGrade program began with more than 30 products and has continued to steadily grow. Sigma-Aldrich's acquisition of Research Organics, Inc. in April 2012 contributed significantly to the program's resources and capabilities to further support the increasing market demand for new PharmaGrade materials. SAFC expects the PharmaGrade portfolio to grow to 80 raw materials with the addition of 20 new products available at the end of March 2013.
"The introduction of the PharmaGrade portfolio was designed to meet the growing need for greater transparency for raw materials. The initiative has been extremely well received by our customers and has resulted in tremendous demand for the portfolio," stated Deb Sl
SOURCE Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Accelovance Expands Oncology Leadership with the Addition of Ralph Boccia, MD as Oncology Medical Director
2. Amedica Expands Patent Portfolio with Proprietary Silicon Nitride Total Disc Implant to Treat Neck and Back Pain
3. Cephasonics Expands Market Presence, Enters Ultrasound Research Market with Large-Channel-Count Modular System Offering Up to 4,096 Channels
4. Hyland Software Expands its Partnership with Nuance Communications to Improve Efficient Care Models at Healthcare Facilities
5. DSI Renal Expands Georgia Presence with Conyers and Kennesaw Dialysis Clinics
6. Cogmedix Expands To Support Laser Based Medical Devices
7. Heraeus Expands Its Venus White Line of Whitening Maintenance and Oral Care Products
8. CryoLife Expands Stock Repurchase Program
9. Modulus Expands Offerings with Patch Design and Manufacturing
10. BioElectronics Expands to the Czech & Slovak Republic
11. Janssen Labs at San Diego Expands to Add Concept Lab and Open Collaboration Space to Accommodate Individual Entrepreneurs and Additional Life Science Start-Ups