"In addition to a phenomenal experience in all aspects of pharmacovigilance, Leann is known for her enormous energy, working capacity and ability to mobilize people. She is also extremely generous with her knowledge and time to help people to succeed, and is very highly respected in our organization," said Cynthia Dinella, Pharm. D., vice president, Regulatory Affairs and Product Development Site Head for Nutley.
Dr. Fieldstad joined Roche in 2007 as head of U.S. PDS Operations and was promoted to global head the following year. She came from Pfizer, where she worked for nine years in senior safety and risk management roles. Before that, she was with Schering Plough and Wyeth, where she started her pharmaceutical career in medical research after serving as a staff pharmacist at two hospitals. She earned a B.S. from the University of Wisconsin and her Doctorate of Pharmacy, magna cum laude, from St. John's University, New York.
Outside her work with Roche, Dr. Fieldstad is actively involved with the American Red Cross chapter near her home in northwest New Jersey, including serving as chair of its board of directors. She is an avid walker, and also enjoys cooking and baking. She counts among her top accomplishments "the joy of raising two wonderful sons," Joshua Leibowitz, 19, and Jacob Leibowi
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Wyeths Torisel and Roche/Genentechs Avastin Will Challenge Pfizers Sutent to Become the Clinical Gold Standard for Treatment of Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
2. Researchers Identify Virus Possibly Responsible for Declining Honeybee Population Using 454 Sequencing Technology from Roche
3. Rochester Medical Anti-Infection Foley Catheter Demonstrates Effectiveness in Randomized Trial
4. MacroChem Acquires Rights to Pexiganan, a Novel Topical Anti-Infective for Treatment of Diabetic Foot Infections, From Genaera
5. Roche Announces Positive Results in Solid Tumors Using Human Monoclonal Antibody Against IGF-1R (R1507)
6. Roche Diagnostics HIV Viral Load Test Used in Clinical Trials for Isentress, a New Class of HIV Drug
7. Roches Investigational Polymerase Inhibitor, Combined with PEGASYS(R) and COPEGUS(TM), Shows Potent Antiviral Activity in Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C at Four Weeks
8. Two Pivotal Phase III Studies for Roches ACTEMRA(TM) (tocilizumab) Demonstrate Significant Improvement in Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
9. Roche Submits Application for FDA Approval of ACTEMRA(R) for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
10. Roche responds to announcement of IDEAL hepatitis C trial results
11. Roche and Pharmasset To Present the R7128 Monotherapy Resistance Profile