BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unhealthy and sedentary lifestyles as well as increased consumption of manufactured food have taken a toll on the general health of Mexico's population, causing a spurt in diseases. From 2011 to 2030, the country's diabetic population is expected to increase by 2.3 percent per year, which is higher than the 2.1 percent average for the top 10 countries with the biggest population of diabetics.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (http://www.healthcare.frost.com), Healthcare Landscape, Outlook, and Growth Opportunities in Mexico 2011-2015, finds that the healthcare market was worth an estimated $18.15 billion in 2011 and this is expected to grow to $22.66 billion by 2015.
"Healthcare expenditure, as a percentage of the Mexican Gross Domestic Product (GDP), increased from 5.8 percent in 2008 to 13.8 percent in 2011, at a compound annual growth rate of 33.5 percent," said Frost & Sullivan Industry Analyst Federico Baguear . "This represents a huge opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to develop specific drugs for the most prominent pathologies and for their prevention."
Medical devices and mobile Health will cover the needs of the population reached by pathologies like diabetes, which allow patients to perform self-assessments evaluations through glucometers, thermometers and cardiac rhythm monitoring among others.
From 2010 and 2017, pharmaceutical patent expiries for a value of $150.0 billion will create significant opportunities for generics and biosimilars. Mexico is already the second-largest pharmaceutical market in Latin America, and ranks sixth among seven emerging countries: Brazil, India,
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Bayer Employees Named Rising Stars by Healthcare Businesswomens Association
2. Wound Management Products Market Reaches $15.2 Billion by 2016, Driven by Rising Demand for Bandages and Dressings in Developing World
3. Adoption of Prefillable Syringes Rising, Especially In High-cost Drug Applications to Contain Wastage, Notes Frost & Sullivan
4. BidOnHealth.com Offers a Solution to Rising Healthcare Costs
5. Independent Schools Consortium Slams Brakes on Rising Health Care Costs
6. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Global Market to 2017 - Growth in Developing Markets to Come From Cost Efficient Manufacturing and Rising Domestic Demand
7. Cell Culture - Rising Demand for Biologics and Growing Visibility of Approval Pathway for Biosimilars will Create Growth Opportunities
8. Polymers in Medical Devices: Opportunities Arising and Trends Impacting the Market
9. Intra-Cellular Therapies Announces Completion of Phase I Single Rising Dose Trial of First-in-Class Selective Phosphodiesterase 1 (PDE1) Inhibitor and Reports Top-line Safety and Pharmacokinetic Findings
10. Computer Modeling Reveals How Surprisingly Potent Hepatitis C Drug Works
11. Clinical Trial at Evergreen Healthcare Shows Intestinal Gel Reduces Symptoms of Advanced Parkinsons Disease