LOS ANGELES, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research Solutions, Inc. (OTCBB: RSSS), a business-to-business information services and software company, announced today the launch of a compliance software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for medical marketers by wholly-owned subsidiary Reprints Desk (www.reprintsdesk.com). The solution simplifies Sunshine Act compliance related to the use of medical ePrints for sales, marketing and medical affairs.
Reprints Desk's Sunshine ePrints solution records the delivery of each ePrint to the physician across publishers with a customizable ePrint registration page. Data collection includes HCP name, state and license number and unit-level ePrint cost. The solution is an extension of Reprints Desk's reprint services including online ordering, publisher-licensing services, multichannel/multiplatform deployment including iPads and healthcare professional (HCP) portals.
The Physician Payment Sunshine Act, commonly referred to as the "Sunshine Act," is regulation designed to provide transparency in the relationship between physicians and manufacturers of drugs, devices, or medical supplies for which payment is made under Medicare, Medicaid, or State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). Beginning August 1, 2013 onwards, all travel, gifts, meals, medical reprints and ePrints, honoraria and other items above $10 in value must be reported along with their itemized dates, values and the nature of each benefit. If total payments to a physician exceed $100 in a year, then all benefits to that physician must be reported. Companies out of compliance can be fined anywhere from $10,000 to $1,000,000.
"Pharmaceutical companies are scrambling to ensure that their use of scientific literature as an educational tool is fully compliant once the Sunshine Act reporting requirements take effect this summer," said Scott Ahlberg '/>"/>
SOURCE Research Solutions, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Army Researcher Develops Potential Vaccine Carrier That May Give Stockpiling Efforts A Shot In The Arm
2. JDRF Announces Research Collaboration with Dexcom, Inc. to Develop "Smart Transmitter" Technology to Accelerate Artificial Pancreas Studies
3. University of Maryland BioPark Announces MedImmunes Dr. Bahija Jallal as Newest Member of Board of Directors for UM Health Sciences Research Park
4. Southern Research Signs Agreement with Apath, LLC to Conduct Preclinical Studies with Virus-Based HCV Screenings
5. Galenea to Receive $6 Million From The Stanley Medical Research Institute to Progress Pro-Cognitive Drug Discovery and Development Program
6. Upsher-Smith Research Shows Unique Pharmacokinetic Profile of USL255 Extended Release Topiramate
7. Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) Exercises Option with Pfenex Inc. To Extend Contract for the Development of a Recombinant Protective Antigen (rPA) Based Anthrax Vaccine
8. ResearchMoz: The World Anesthesia Drug Market (General, Local, Adjunctive) - Market Research Report
9. Janssen Research & Development Submits XARELTO® (rivaroxaban) to U.S. FDA for the Treatment and Prevention of Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism
10. ResearchMoz: Telemedicine Monitoring Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2012 to 2018 - Market Research Report
11. Okuma America Chooses The Daniel Group To Provide Customer Service Research