Scope of this research• Understand how recent events are affecting the performance of major companies' products.
• Gain up-to-date information across a wide range of marketed products, R&D pipelines, market share data, and competitive landscape for leading players.
• Evaluate the Chinese hospital pharmaceutical market in terms of pricing and regulation, intellectual property rights, and trends in the country.
• Compare the product franchises of top pharmaceutical players across major therapeutic areas.
• Analyze the performance of the key Chinese pharmaceutical companies.
Research and analysis highlights The hospital pharmaceutical market in China is highly competitive and fragmented, with the top 10 players accounting for 29% of the total sales in 2009. Pfizer captured the highest market share, followed by AstraZeneca and Bayer.
Owing to improving intellectual property rights (IPR), increasing medical insurance coverage of urban and rural residents and growing consumer demand for quality healthcare in China, the Chinese pharmaceutical industry is further expected to grow in the near future.
The hurdles faced by pharmaceutical companies due to the complex drug distribution system and increasing price pressures by the Chinese authorities are resistors to growth of the pharmaceutical industry.
Key reasons to purchase this research • What was the market size of the Chinese hospital pharmaceutical market in 2009 and what are the key trends in the market?
• Who were the top 10 players in the Chinese hospital pharmaceutical market in 2009 and what are their key therapeutic areas?
• What are the significant market and pipeline developments that may shape corporate strategies for leading drug majors in Chi
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved