NEW YORK, March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
SummaryGlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, "Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global MRSA market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global MRSA market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global MRSA sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
The global MRSA market was valued at $900m in 2010 and is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.8% for the next seven years to reach $1,249m by 2017. The growth will primarily be driven by an increase in the average number of days spent in the hospitals due to inappropriate initial and steady increase in elderly and immuno-suppressed population. At present the market has six approved therapies, out of which Vancomycin and Synercid (Quinupristin+Dalfopristin) are generic and rest four are branded drugs. Currently, the market is dominated by drugs like Vancomycin, Zyvox (linezolid) and Cubicin (daptomycin). As the disease is curable when identified in time, the unmet need seems to be low. Although the existing drugs such as Vancomycin, Zyvox, Cubicin, Tygacil (tygecycline), Vibativ (televancin) and Synercid are capable of curing the disease, still there are unmet needs which can be tapped with the emerging agents which have better safety.
ScopeThe report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the MRSA market. Its Scope includes -
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) MRSA market revenues data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for seven years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends by seven key markets. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) binders, Transglycosylation and Transpeptidation inhibitor, Pleuromutilin bacterial protein synthesis inhibitor, CYP3A4-specific inhibitors and Membrane lysing action.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the seven key countries MRSA market. Key market players covered are Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited/ Forest Laboratories, Merck & Co., Inc., Astrazeneca PLC, Trius Therapeutics, e-Therapeutics, Nabriva Therapeutics, TrioBiotics Pharma and Basilea Pharma.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the MRSA therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in MRSA market
Reasons to buyThe report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MRSA market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global MRSA market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global MRSA market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved