GBI Research analysis showed that the global gout therapeutics market was estimated at $542.6m in 2010, with a year-on-year growth rate of 7% between 2002 and 2010. The gout therapeutics market is expected to shift towards biologics that are more efficient and safe compared to conventional therapies. GBI Research forecasts the market to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of approximately 16.3% between 2010 and 2017, to record a sales value of approximately $1,561.3m. The gout therapeutics market had only generics until the launch of Colcrys (colchicine) and TMX 67 (febuxostat) in 2009 and 2010 respectively. In-depth analysis of the report is based on proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of experts.
The report covers -
- Data and analysis on the gout therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world – the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the gout therapeutics market from 2002 to 2010, with forecasts to 2017.
- In-depth analysis of the acute and chronic gout therapeutics market.
- Market data on geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape including market size, annual cost of therapy, revenues and treatment usage patterns such as diseased population, treatment seeking population, diagnosed population and prescription population.
- Key drivers and barriers that have created a significant impact on the market.
- Profiles of the major biopharmaceutical markets in the gout therapeutics segment. The key companies studied in this report are Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, Savient Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and Teijin Pharma.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements, that have taken place between 2004 and 2010 in the gout therapeutics market.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved