NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The prescription pharma market in France was valued at $38.8bn in sales in 2009, having by 3.1% (CAGR; 2005–09). Key growth drivers include growing use of chronic high-value innovative treatments driven by an aging population, high public healthcare expenditure as proportion of total healthcare expenditure, physician preference for prescribing branded drugs as well as high patient brand loyalty.
Features and benefits
* Overview of socioeconomic and demographic trends, healthcare system, regulation, pricing and reimbursement and intellectual property in France
* Assesses the size of the French pharmaceutical market by prescribing setting, therapy area, leading brands and by leading companies
* Examines the French generics and biosimilars landscape in terms of regulatory issues, level of penetration, key players and degree of brand erosion
* Quantifies the R&D and manufacturing infrastructure for the leading pharmaceutical companies, including key metrics and domestic M&A analysis
Despite having a higher birth rate than most European countries, with its ageing population France is encountering difficulties in handling its health account deficit, a situation made worse by the economic downturn. Hence France has turned towards social system reforms and austerity measures. Despite having a favourable market for innovative and expensive drugs a range of cost-cutting measures such as pricing and reimbursement cuts will have a negative impact on the French pharmaceutical market. Once considered the immature generics market, France has considerably increased its generics uptake although there is still a significant scope for improvement. Physicians' resistance to generics use remains the greatest obstacle with adequate physicians' financial incentives necessary in the future.
Your key questions answered
* Evaluate the evolving regulatory landscape and the impact of pricing and reimbursement controls on market access in France
* Quantify the size and growth of the prescription pharmaceutical market in France, analyzing key therapy areas, brands and companies
* Assess drivers and resistors of generic and biosimilars uptake in France
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved