North America and Europe together account for more than 60% share in the global API market revenue. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing API market in the world. The global API demand is led by China, India and Brazil. The innovator APIs are increasingly losing market share to generic sector APIs. On the basis of synthesis route, the synthetic APIs continue to dominate the global revenues. However, the growth in biotech APIs is expected to be faster in the forecast period.
The global API sales revenue was $91 billion in 2009 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2010 to 2015. The growth will be driven by the rise in demand of generic sector drugs and biological drugs. The recovery from economic slowdown will help the global API market to grow. The global API sales revenue is expected to reach $126.3 billion in 2015.
Scope- Market revenue data for APIs from 2005 to 2009 and forecast for six years to 2015.
- API markets in key regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and South and Central America.
- API markets in key countries: the US, Canada, Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, China, India, Mexico and Brazil.
- Drivers of the API market such as growth in generic drugs and biotech drugs, and restraints such as economic slowdown and patent expiries, for the global market as well as for regional markets.
- Information on the competitive landscape with the shares of leading companies such as Pfizer Inc, AstraZeneca International, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi Aventis and Novartis.
- Analysis of API revenue by product type in the global market, in key regions and countries
- Analysis of API revenue by therapeutic category in the key countries.
Reasons to buy- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends and developments that are driving the global APIs market.
- Design and devel
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved