Regulus recognized revenue of $6.1 million for the three months ended September 30, 2013, compared to $2.8 million for the same period in 2012. Revenue during these periods consisted primarily of amortization of upfront payments received from our strategic alliances and collaborations, which is recognized over the estimated period of performance. Revenue in the three months ended September 30, 2013 included $5.4 million from the Sanofi collaboration and license agreement and $0.5 million from the AstraZeneca collaboration and license agreement. On a comparative basis, revenue increased in the three months ended September 30, 2013 primarily due to the incremental recognition of $3.6 million from the change in our estimated period of performance for the research term within the Sanofi collaboration and license agreement, which originally expired in June 2013, but was effectively extended through the end of December 2013 under the terms of our Option Agreement with Sanofi.
Research and development expenses were $7.1 million for the three months ended September 30, 2013, compared to $5.2 million for the same period in 2012. The increase was substantially attributable to IND-enabling activities for RG-101 during the quarter. No such costs were incurred in the same period in 2012. The Company expects our research and development expenses to increase over the coming quarters to the extent it commences clinical studies and initiates additional IND-enabling activities.
General and administrative expenses were $1.9 million for t
SOURCE Regulus Therapeutics Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Regulus Presents Positive Preclinical Data Demonstrating that microRNA-21 Plays an Important Role in Alport Syndrome
2. Regulus Announces Timing for Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results Webcast and Conference Call
3. Regulus Announces Significant Progress in Strategic Alliance with AstraZeneca and Selection of a New Pre-Clinically Validated microRNA Oncology Target
4. Regulus Reports Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results and Recent Highlights
5. Regulus Announces Timing for Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results Webcast and Conference Call
6. Regulus Names Stelios Papadopoulos, Ph.D. as Chairman of its Board of Directors
7. Regulus to Present at Deutsche Bank 38th Annual Healthcare Conference
8. Regulus Provides Update on Road to the Clinic Strategy and Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results and Recent Highlights
9. Regulus Announces Timing for First Quarter 2013 Financial Results Webcast and Conference Call
10. Regulus Appoints William H. Rastetter, Ph.D. to its Board of Directors
11. Regulus to Present at Future Leaders in the Biotech Industry Conference