When we compromise our sleep, we waste time, energy and productivity during our days. The more sleep deprived we become, the more it taxes our bodies. In fact, shortened sleep is linked to about half the leading causes of death in the US.
Thirty percent of adults now average less than 6 hours of sleep per day, well below the recommended 7-8 hours.
"Having inadequate quality and quantity sleep impacts health, weight, safety, relationships, and decision-making processes," argues Rothstein.
So what tips can help us gain sustainable sleep? Adapting to new sleep habits can take time, but noticeable improvements can happen swiftly.
"Don't 'clock watch' if you awake and certainly stop the consumption of alcohol 3-4 hours before bed to help mitigate interference with your sleep cycles," comments Rothstein.
"Of course, you can have the best sleep habits but if you can't breathe properly through your nose then you won't have a good night's sleep. A supportive pillow and a device like Mute may be the answer to open up the nasal airways while you sleep."
There are close to 100 disorders of sleep and up to 45% of the world's population are affected. Snoring interferes with sleep - both for the person who snores and also for the "snoree".
As Rothstein outlines: "Sleep quality is as essential as sufficient quantity of sleep. A device like Mute may be the answer to open the nasal airways and reduce snoring. And alas, sound sleep for you and the snorer!"
'Mute' (https://mutesnoring.com/) by Rhinomed (http://www.rhinomed.global/) is a stent that gently expands the nose to allow air to flow freely during sleep. It is targeted to nasal snoring and for blocked noses, is discreet and comes in three sizes to fit most nose types.
So, this World Sleep Day, Rothstein encourages us to honor our bodies, get some more zzz's and try Mute, which might give you the kind of sleep you'd happily sustain.
mutesnoring.com and thesleepambassador.com
Contact: Mike Danielson +1 612-386-0506
 TIME, 30 November 2016.
 Vital Health Stat 10(245). 2010.
 Ageing Health 2008:4(1):11-12.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/recycle-your-sleep-this-world-sleep-day-300423137.html
Related medicine technology :
1. CBG Technologies Introduces PW Series Solvent Recycler for Precision Parts Cleaning Applications
2. BodyMedia Teams with Sleepio & A.R.O. to Support Sleep & Life Improvements
3. Breathe Technologies Sleep System Receives FDA Clearance
4. Apnix Sleep Diagnostics Announces New Houston Sleep Apnea Treatments
5. ResMed Launches SleepSeeker Online Tool to Increase Patient Engagement in Therapy for Sleep-Disordered Breathing
6. Sanomedics Signs Definitive Agreement for Acquisition of a prominent Texas based Sleep Services company.
7. Great Lakes NeuroTechnologies Awarded Patent For Technology To Treat Parkinsons Disease With Brain Stimulation During Sleep
8. Sleep Nation, Inc. Completes 43 Acquisitions
9. SERVE-HF; the Worlds Largest Study of Sleep-Disordered Breathing in Heart Failure Completes Recruitment
10. Theravent, Inc. exceeds 4.5 million nights of sleep apnea and snoring treatment
11. Breakthrough in Brain Surgery: Asleep DBS Can Relieve Fear and Anxiety Surrounding Surgery