ACTON, Mass., Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Psychemedics Corporation (NASDAQ: PMD) today announced third quarter financial results for the period ended September 30, 2013. The Company also announced a quarterly dividend of $0.15 per share payable to shareholders of record as of November 11, 2013 to be paid on November 22, 2013. This will be the Company's 69th consecutive quarterly dividend.
The Company's revenue for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 was $7.1 million versus $6.5 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012, an increase of 9%. Net income for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 was $1.05 million or $0.20 per diluted share, versus $878 thousand or $0.17 per diluted share, for the comparable period last year, an increase of 20%. The Company's revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 was $20.4 million versus $19.6 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2012, an increase of 4%. Net income for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 was $2.9 million or $0.55 per diluted share, versus $2.7 million or $0.51 per diluted share, for the comparable period last year, an increase of 9%.
Raymond C. Kubacki, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said,
"We are very pleased to report a 20% growth in earnings for the quarter. In addition, we achieved record sales for the second quarter in a row. Our new business growth continues to be robust, coming from several different industry segments. In addition, the pre-tax margins were strong at 25%."We continue to have a strong balance sheet with more than $2.8 million in cash and cash equivalents as of September 30, 2013 with no long term debt, despite heavy investment in new equipment and software over the last two years.
"Our directors share our confidence in the long-term future of Psychemedics and remain committed to rewar
SOURCE Psychemedics Corporation
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Page: 1 2 3 4
Related medicine technology :
1. Psychemedics Corporation Announces 3rd Quarter Earnings
2. Psychemedics Corporation Announces Record Revenues For 2012; Declares 66th Consecutive Quarterly Dividend
3. Psychemedics Corporation Announces Top Revenue Quarter
4. Precision Optics Corporation Announces $1 Million Order for Microprecision™ Based Endoscopes
5. CVS Caremark Corporation to Hold First Quarter 2012 Conference Call
6. Richard Wolf Medical Instruments Corporation: 40 Years of Innovation
7. Haemonetics Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Pall Corporations Blood Collection, Filtration and Processing Product Lines For $551 Million
8. Luminex Corporation Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
9. ShangPharma Corporation Files 2011 Annual Report on Form 20-F
10. Techne Corporation Releases Unaudited Third Quarter and Nine Month Fiscal Year 2012 Results
11. Without Environmental Hygiene, Hand Hygiene Programs Fall Short in Reducing HAIs in Hospital Settings, Says UMF Corporation