BURLINGTON, Mass., July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group's new Manhattan Research study, ePharma Physician® 2014, indicates that physicians are looking to pharmaceutical companies to help them keep patients engaged in their healthcare by providing patient services. The study shows strong physician interest in patient support and resources from pharma, along with an expectation that the industry will take a leadership role in developing tools to help keep patients on track and improve patient outcomes. These findings come as Accountable Care Organizations and Meaningful Use Stage 2 incentives are pushing patient engagement to the forefront for healthcare providers and systems.
Key findings from the ePharma Physician® 2014 study include:
- Seven out of ten ePharma Physicians somewhat or strongly agreed that pharmas must provide more resources and services alongside drugs and treatments to stay relevant in the emerging healthcare system
- Thirty-five percent of ePharma Physicians said pharmas have a key role to play in driving progress in defining and meeting patient outcomes
- One in five ePharma Physicians strongly agreed that they were interested in using patient resources from pharma that would help them meet patient outcomes goals
- Sales reps are the top source from which ePharma Physicians want to learn about patient support and resources from pharma, followed by professional journals or websites intended for a healthcare professional audience and by email newsletters from pharma
Comments from Decision Resources Group experts:
- Monique Levy, VP of Research, said: "Physicians are connecting the dots. They understand that to succeed in an outcomes-based reimbursement model, they need to engage patients more. Pharma can provide them tools to help with this."
- James Avallone, Director of Physician Research, adds: "Pharma-provided patient support services represent a tremendous opportunity for pharma to engage physicians and a multi-channel effort by brands is warranted. In 2014, product-focused features are no longer the only piece of the puzzle."
- Decision Resources Group will present a client-only webinar based on this Manhattan Research study, entitled ePharma Physician® 2014: Enhancing Digital Physician Engagements. Presented by James Avallone, Director of Physician Research, the webinar will take place at 2 pm EDT on July 30th, 2014. For more information, click here.
About ePharma Physician®
ePharma Physician® is a Manhattan Research study and advisory service exploring adoption of digital channels for prescription drug information, including various types of online promotion programs and customer service options from pharmaceutical companies. Tablet-assisted in-person sales interactions with physicians—and their impact on clinical decisions and satisfaction—are also assessed. ePharma Physician® insights are based on an in-depth, online study fielded in Q2 2014 among 1800+ US physicians who use digital channels for pharma resources and connecting with reps (97 percent of all practicing physicians). Every Manhattan Research study is rewritten annually.
Key topics addressed in the research include:
- Online Promotion
- Product Information-Seeking Behaviors
- Pharma Digital Assets
- Beyond the Pill
- The Rep-Physician Relationship in 2014
- Clinical Decision Factors
For more information, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Decision Resources Group's Manhattan Research product line offers insights and analysis on digital health trends among healthcare professionals and consumers in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Find out more at www.manhattanresearch.com and www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130103/MM36768LOGO
Related medicine technology :1
|SOURCE Decision Resources Group|
Copyright©2014 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation Launches Cities for Life2
. CentraState and Freehold Radiology Group train physicians from China3
. New Published Guidelines to Help Physicians Diagnose and Treat Lupus Kidney Disease4
. Ameritox Announces Educational Resources to Help Physicians Navigate Complex Compliance Issues5
. "AWAKEN" Survey Finds Only 50 Percent of Americans Understand Significant Health Impact of Narcolepsy, and Many Physicians Not Comfortable Diagnosing the Sleep Disorder6
. Physicians Practice Recognized for Print and Digital Excellence7
. HealthWarehouse.com and Northwest Physicians Network Partner to Provide Exclusive Discount Pharmacy Services to Patients8
. The American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians Announces Guidelines for Responsible Prescribing of Pain-Killers for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain9
. Homecare Community Dismayed that Medicare Will Start Prior Authorization for Wheelchairs without a Clinical Template for Physicians to Document Need10
. Physicians Find Medical Billers and Coders Within 48 Hours of Posting Jobs with MBC11
. Physicians Capital Investments, Physicians Capital Markets, and EDGE Realty Capital Markets announce a new strategic initiative