Volcano received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to market the Eagle Eye® Platinum digital IVUS catheter in the United States.
About Volcano's Digital IVUS Catheters
The Eagle Eye® Platinum is the third generation of catheters in the Eagle Eye® product line. To date, Eagle Eye® catheters have been used in over 500,000 procedures worldwide. Like Eagle Eye® Gold, the Eagle Eye® Platinum catheter offers fast, plug-and-play functionality as well as grayscale IVUS, VH® IVUS for plaque characterization, and ChromaFlo® for imaging blood flow.
About Volcano Corporation
Volcano Corporation offers a broad suite of devices designed to facilitate endovascular procedures, enhance the diagnosis of vascular and structural heart disease and guide optimal therapies. The company's intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) product line includes ultrasound consoles that can be integrated directly into virtually any modern cath lab. Volcano IVUS offers unique features, including both single-use digital and rotational IVUS imaging catheters, and advanced functionality options, such as VH® IVUS tissue characterization and ChromaFlo®. Volcano also provides Physiology consoles and single-use pressure and flow guide wires and is developing a line of ultra-high resolution Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) systems and catheters. Currently, more than 5,000 Volcano IVUS and Physiology systems are installed worldwide, with approximately half of Volcano's revenues coming from outside the Uni
SOURCE Volcano Corporation
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Physicians Eagerly Await Xarelto but Generic Price Advantage Could be a Sticking Point
2. Physicians Foundation Warns of Potential Impact From New Medicare Cuts Effective Today
3. Patients, Physicians Rely on ChemoFx(R) to Support Their Cancer Treatment Decisions
4. HHS Report Confirms that the Complicated Medicare Documentation Requirements for Power Wheelchair Claims Obstruct Regulatory Compliance by Physicians and Wheelchair Providers
5. Over 70 Percent of Physicians Say There Is a High Need for More Diabetes Drugs with Novel Mechanisms of Action While 15 Percent Say the Same for DPP-IV Inhibitors
6. Emergency Medicine Physicians Announces Six New Contracts With North Carolina Hospitals
7. Verathon(R) Helps Physicians Identify the Presence of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms with New AortaScan(TM) Brand of Portable Ultrasound Aortic Measurement Instruments
8. Mayo Clinic Proceedings: A Comprehensive Review of Addiction to Prescription Painkillers Among Patients and Physicians
9. Spirus Medical Announces Complete Examinations of the Small Intestine by Physicians Using Endo-Ease(TM)
10. Carbapenems and Other Agents that Provide Broad-Spectrum Activity are Preferred by Surveyed Physicians for the Treatment of Intra-Abdominal Infections
11. Fertility Physicians of Northern California Researchers Test New Forms of Progesterone Medication for Luteal Support During IVF