About Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, is the U.S. subsidiary of Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd., Japan's second largest pharmaceutical company and a global leader in pharmaceutical innovation since 1899. The company is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines that improve the lives of patients throughout the world.
The primary focus of Daiichi Sankyo's research and development is
cardiovascular disease, including therapies for dyslipidemia, hypertension,
diabetes, and acute coronary syndrome. The company is also pursuing the
discovery of new medicines in the areas of glucose metabolic disorders,
infectious diseases, cancer, bone and joint diseases, and immune disorders.
For more information, please visit http://www.dsus.com.
Please see package insert for full prescribing information.
(1) American Diabetes Association, Diabetes Statistics.
August 16, 2007.
(2) 2004 National Healthcare Quality Report, Agency for Healthcare,
Research and Quality. United States Department of Health and Human
(3) Rosamond W, Flegal K, Friday G, et al. Heart disease and stroke
statistics--2007 update: a report from the American Heart Association
Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Circulation.
Feb 6, 2007;115(5):e69-171
(4) American Diabetes Association: Standards of medical care in diabetes
- 2006. Diabetes Care 29(Suppl 1):S4-S42,2006
|SOURCE Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved