"Treating patients with complex breathing disorders is not always straightforward, and every patient has unique therapy needs that can change night to night," said Mark D'Angelo, Sleep Therapy Business Leader, Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care. "In addition to medical support, they require guidance and encouragement. With these updates to our Dream Family, we can provide individualized support for a wider range patients and empower clinicians to deliver the most efficient and best care possible."
As with all Dream Family solutions, the DreamStation Advanced Therapies are fully-integrated through Philips Encore Anywhere patient management tool. This connectivity provides automated support for the patient's specific and changing needs as well as remote monitoring capabilities support for physicians, durable medical equipment (DME) providers and caretakers to intervene when needed to minimalize adverse events.
Currently available in in select markets including France, Australia and the United States, the devices are expected to become available globally by the end of 2017. The Philips Dream Family of products launched in 2015 as a full suite of sleep solutions that connect and support the patient, clinician and homecare provider to enhance patient care and quality of life. With the launch of DreamStation Advanced Therapies AVAPS device, Philips expands the Dream Family to feature respiratory solutions. To learn more about the enhanced DreamStation Platform, please visit: http://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/resources/landing/dreamstation-advanced-therapy-devices.html?origin=10_global_en_advancedtherapiesna_pr
For further information, please contact:
Senior Manager of Communications and Public Relations
Philips Sleep and Respiratory Care
Mobile: +1 724-584-8991
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2015 sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs approximately 70,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
About Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care
Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care is a global leader in the sleep and respiratory care markets, offering solutions in sleep apnea management, oxygen therapy, noninvasive ventilation and respiratory drug delivery and has a long history of leading new innovation in both devices and informatics solutions to help patients sleep and breathe better.
i "Sleep Apnea: Epidemiology." Sleepdex. http://www.sleepdex.org/epidemiologyapnea.htm. Accessed December 2016.
ii Jean Bousquet and Nikolai Khaltaev et. al. (2007). Global surveillance, prevention and control of chronic respiratory diseases: a comprehensive approach. Retrieved December 2016 from World Health Organization: http://www.who.int/gard/publications/GARD%20Book%202007.pdf?ua=1
iii "The 3 Types of Sleep Apnea Explained: Obstructive, Central and Mixed." Alaska Sleep Clinic. http://www.alaskasleep.com/blog/types-of-sleep-apnea-explained-obstructive-central-mixed. January 28, 2015.
iv "Burden of COPD." World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/respiratory/copd/burden/en/. Accessed December 2016.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-expands-its-award-winning-dreamstation-platform-to-treat-patients-with-most-complex-sleep-and-breathing-needs-300418735.html
Related medicine technology :
1. Philips IMR offers new capabilities to simultaneously reduce CT Radiation and enhance image quality
2. Philips Named 2013 Overall Performance Leader In Imaging Equipment By KLAS
3. Ellen MacArthur Foundation presenterar Philips som global partner vid det konstituerande internationella toppmötet om cirkulär ekonomi
4. Neusoft Medical Signed Transfer Agreement with Philips to Acquire 25% Equities in Philips-Neusoft Medical Systems Joint Venture
5. Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Clinical Cancer Center Joins Elekta and Philips Research Consortium on MRI-Guided Radiation Therapy
6. Philips bringt neues, hochwertiges Ultraschallsystem EPIQ mit neuartiger nSIGHT-Technologie und Anatomical Intelligence auf den Markt, um den komplizierten Bildgebungsanforderungen einer alternden Weltbevölkerung Rechnung zu tragen
7. Philips launches new EPIQ premium ultrasound system with first-of-its-kind nSIGHT technology and Anatomical Intelligence, to address complicated imaging needs of an aging global population
8. Philips Showcases Innovations in Radiation Oncology Imaging Technology and Workflow Planning at the 55th American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting
9. Philips and Infraredx sign agreement for the resale of Infraredxs TVC Imaging System integrated with Philips interventional X-ray systems
10. Philips and RealView Imaging conclude worlds first study to evaluate live 3D holographic imaging in interventional cardiology
11. Mercy Teams Up with Philips to Launch Telehealth Services