The technological advancements in the acquisition of live 3D images to guide minimally invasive procedures have also triggered the development of novel ways to visualize the data. Following the promising results produced by this pilot study, Philips and RealView Imaging will continue to explore the clinical value of combining live 3D imaging and medical holography, both in interventional cardiology and in other clinical areas.
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2012 sales of EUR 24.8 billion and employs approximately 115,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
About RealView Imaging
RealView Imaging Ltd. (Yokneam,
SOURCE Royal Philips
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Philips and Infraredx sign agreement for the resale of Infraredxs TVC Imaging System integrated with Philips interventional X-ray systems
2. Philips Showcases Innovations in Radiation Oncology Imaging Technology and Workflow Planning at the 55th American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting
3. Philips launches new EPIQ premium ultrasound system with first-of-its-kind nSIGHT technology and Anatomical Intelligence, to address complicated imaging needs of an aging global population
4. Philips bringt neues, hochwertiges Ultraschallsystem EPIQ mit neuartiger nSIGHT-Technologie und Anatomical Intelligence auf den Markt, um den komplizierten Bildgebungsanforderungen einer alternden Weltbevölkerung Rechnung zu tragen
5. Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Clinical Cancer Center Joins Elekta and Philips Research Consortium on MRI-Guided Radiation Therapy
6. Neusoft Medical Signed Transfer Agreement with Philips to Acquire 25% Equities in Philips-Neusoft Medical Systems Joint Venture
7. Ellen MacArthur Foundation presenterar Philips som global partner vid det konstituerande internationella toppmötet om cirkulär ekonomi
8. Philips Named 2013 Overall Performance Leader In Imaging Equipment By KLAS
9. Philips IMR offers new capabilities to simultaneously reduce CT Radiation and enhance image quality
10. Canadas Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Joins Elekta and Philips Research Consortium on MRI-Guided Radiation Therapy
11. Philips Respironics goes mobile with SleepMapper app and web-based solution