SEATTLE, Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PhaseRx, Inc., an RNA therapeutics company, today announced the appointment of Michael Houston, Ph.D., as its Vice President, Therapeutics Development.
Dr. Houston brings more than two decades of experience in the manufacturing and development of peptide and oligonucleotide-based therapeutics to PhaseRx. He has directed numerous programs ranging from research to GMP manufacture of clinical trials materials, including nanoparticle-based delivery vehicles for siRNAs. In this new position, Dr. Houston will lead PhaseRx's therapeutics program, which focuses on the advancement of its SMARTT Polymer Technology® mRNA nanoparticles.
"Mike is a great addition to the PhaseRx team as we focus on the advancement of our SMARTT Polymer Technology RNA programs into clinical development," said Robert Overell, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer at PhaseRx. "Mike's experience in the synthesis, manufacture and production of RNA therapeutics including nanoparticle-based formulations, will accelerate our efforts to apply SMARTT technology to address the significant unmet treatment need in orphan liver diseases."
Dr. Houston joins PhaseRx from Marina Biotech where he served as Vice President, Chemistry and Formulations and focused on the development of siRNAS and single stranded oligonucleotides. He has also served at Ascent Therapeutics as Vice President, Preclinical Chemistry and CMC; at MDRNA, Inc. as Vice President, Chemistry & Formulations; and at Nastech Pharmaceuticals as Senior Director, Chemistry and Formulations. Dr. Houston received a Ph.D. in bio-organic chemistry and a B.Sc. with honours in chemistry from the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada'/>"/>
SOURCE PhaseRx, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Chief Financial Officer Jonathan M. Peacock to Leave Amgen; Company Appoints Michael A. Kelly Acting Chief Financial Officer
2. Zafgen Appoints Chief Commercial Officer and New Member of Board of Directors
3. Mylan Appoints Adele Gulfo as EVP, Global Collaboration and Strategic Operations
4. Lakewood-Amedex Inc. Appoints Geoffrey F. Cox To Its Board Of Directors
5. Kite Pharma Appoints Cynthia M. Butitta as Chief Financial Officer
6. Auspex Raises $35 Million And Appoints Industry Veteran Gerald Proehl To Its Board of Directors
7. Agile Therapeutics Appoints Dr. Elizabeth Ijeoma Onyemelukwe Garner as Chief Medical Officer
8. KaloBios Appoints Harry Lam, Ph.D. as Head of Manufacturing
9. MIMETAS Appoints BHI Entrepreneur-in-Residence Todd Chappell as General Manager, U.S. Affairs
10. Ajinomoto Althea Inc. Appoints J. David Enloe Jr. as President and Chief Executive Officer
11. Concord Medical Announces Results of 2013 Annual General Meeting; Appoints New Board Members