And in today's regulatory environment these guidelines are a vital part of ensuring compliance and consistency around on-label and off-label data discussions by global field medical teams.
To help inform Medical Affairs leaders on this important topic, research and consulting leader Best Practices, LLC conducted benchmarking research to provide a high-level understanding of current organizational policies around data dissemination by field medical staff in North America, Europe, APAC and Emerging Markets. The research found that while no company in the study proactively provides off-label data, 67 percent of companies in United States and 50 percent in Europe reactively provide off-label information.
The report, "Determining Best Practices for Data Dissemination Policies for Global Field Medical Teams," contains reliable industry metrics that will help Medical Affairs leaders better understand how on-label and off-label data discussions are approached by field medical teams at leading biopharmaceutical companies in four major regions across the world.
Topics addressed in this study include:
- Field Medical Data Disseminations
- Off-Label Proactive Data Discussions
- Off-Label Data Discussion Restrictions
- Data Dissemination
- Data Dissemination Follow-Up
Best Practices, LLC engaged 18 Medical Affairs leaders at 13 biopharmaceutical companies for this research study.
To access the full report or to download a complimentary summary containing insights found in this report, click on the following link: http://www.best-in-class.com/rr1443.htm.
For related research, visit the Best Practices, LLC Web site at www.best-in-class.com/.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC's clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies. The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pharmaceutical-data-dissemination-policies-vary-around-the-world-but-off-label-discussions-typically-only-occur-reactively-new-study-finds-300425636.html
Related medicine technology :
1. Pharmaceutical Hot Melt Extrusion Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
2. RXi Pharmaceuticals to Webcast Fourth Quarter and Year End 2016 Financial Results on Thursday, March 30, 2017
3. Jazz Pharmaceuticals Announces First Patient Enrolled in Phase 3 Clinical Study Evaluating JZP-258 for the Treatment of Cataplexy and Excessive Daytime Sleepiness in Narcolepsy
4. Biotech Innovations Drive Cannabinoid-Based Pharmaceutical Market Growth
5. Biocept and Catalyst Pharmaceuticals Collaborate to Provide Liquid Biopsy Testing for Small Cell Lung Cancer to Patients with Lambert Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome (LEMS)
6. InDex Pharmaceuticals Gets Patent for Additional DIMS Compounds Granted in the US
7. AMO Pharma Enters into Collaboration Agreement with Ranedis Pharmaceuticals for Development of RND-001
8. Immune Pharmaceuticals Granted Additional Time to Comply with Nasdaq Listing Requirement
9. Neurim Pharmaceuticals Paediatric Prolonged-Release Melatonin (PedPRM) to be Marketed by Biocodex in France
10. Titan Pharmaceuticals Schedules Conference Call To Review Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2016 Financial Results
11. Cannabics Pharmaceuticals Inc. Appoints New Members to its Board of Advisors