BOSTON, Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BlazeFund, a new equity crowd funding company in Boston, Massachusetts, has listed the first biotech company on their platform. Atlanta-based Perle BioScience is a life sciences company whose mission is to address patient needs that have been considered "impossible" to tackle.
Perle BioScience's founder, Dr. Claresa Levetan, is internationally recognized as a leader of diabetes research. She previously co-founded CureDM and was a lead inventor of a therapeutic drug for the reversal of diabetes. CureDM's IP portfolio was licensed to Sanofi in 2010 for upfront and commercial milestone payments of a potential value totaling $335M.
Dr. Levetan is raising capital for Perle BioScience to "pave the way for a revolutionary therapeutic treatment which will create a transformational shift in the treatment of diabetes," states Dr. Levetan. According to the American Diabetes Association, there are currently 26 million diabetes patients in the US.
Dr. Levetan indicates, "Nearly 1 out of 10 healthcare dollars or 4 out of 10 Medicare dollars are spent on patients with diabetes. As health care costs are spiraling and the diabetes population is growing, Perle BioScience is looking to address the underlying mechanisms that cause diabetes. Our treatment will be a huge benefit to society as a whole – not just for diabetic patients - but also in terms of managing healthcare costs."
Perle BioScience elected to utilize equity crowd funding to obtain the company's growth capital. Dr. Levetan mentions, "Perle is making a paradigm shift in the treatment of diabetes, and
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. 150,000 Medical Professionals Stay Paperless with Practice Fusion
2. Wacoms New DTU-1031 Provides Paperless Electronic Signature Solution for Businesses
3. Whats New with Flu this Season: Industry Recommendations, New Vaccines and 100% Paperless Flu Program Solution
4. Clinical Trials, New Orders, Improved Services, and Approvals - Research Report on CareFusion, St. Jude Medical, Community Health Systems, Neurocrine Biosciences, and Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
5. Neurocrine Biosciences Announces the Start of Second Phase III Study of Elagolix in Endometriosis
6. PuraMed BioScience Invited to Discuss LipiGesic M on Armed Forces Network
7. Genocea Biosciences Selected To Present Late-Breaking Oral Presentation At ICAAC 2013
8. Regado Biosciences, Inc. Announces Closing of Initial Public Offering
9. Sangamo BioSciences to Acquire Ceregene
10. PuraMed BioScience Sponsors Miles for Migraine Race with LipiGesic M
11. Regado Biosciences, Inc. Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering