The emerging economies, comprising China, India, Brazil, Russia and South Africa, with a significantly large pool of under-served patients, represent the next big opportunity for the leading medical equipment and devices manufacturers. China remains the world's most populous country and is consequently home to a large patient base. The country is home to more than 120 million people who are aged 65 or older—a population in continuous need of medical care. India, the second most populous country globally, is home to 1.2 billion people, approximately 5% of which are aged 65 or older. It's estimated that shortly after 2020, India's population will surpass China, making it the most populous country in the world. As the population continues to grow and people continue to age, the underlying demand for healthcare is also expected to increase.
- Market size data for Peripheral Vascular Devices market categories – Stent Grafts, Peripheral Vascular Stents, Synthetic Surgical Grafts, Peripheral Guidewires, PTA Balloons, Inferior Vena Cava Filters (IVCF), Peripheral Embolic Protection Devices and PTA Peripheral Drug Eluting Balloons (DEB).
- Annualized market revenues ($m), volume (units) and average price ($) data for each of the segments and sub-segments within the eight market categories. Data from 2003 to 2010, forecast forward for seven years to 2017.
- 2010 company shares and distribution shares data for the overall Peripheral Vascular Devices market in each of the aforementioned countries.
- Global corporate-level profiles of key companies operating within the Peripheral Vascular Devices market in BRICS.
- Key players covered include Cordis Corporation, Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, C.R. Bard, Inc., Covidien plc, ASAHI INTECC CO., LTD., MicroPort Sci
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved