DALLAS, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its commitment to supporting efforts to improve the patient experience in healthcare, The Beryl Institute has awarded $1,000 grants to ten health care organizations that are exploring effective methods for addressing patient experience issues.
The winners of the 2010 Beryl Institute Patient Experience grants are:
- Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport, CT – Impact of Post Discharge Phone Calls to Readmissions of Patients with Congestive Heart Failure
- Exempla St. Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO – Effectiveness of the Patient Navigator Role with the Inpatient Cardiovascular Population
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA – Strengthening Communication Between Patients, Families and Care Providers
- Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown, NJ – Standardizing the Approach to Communication and Patient Family Care in Adult ICU
- Roper Saint Francis Healthcare, Charleston, SC –Restructuring New Hire Orientation Processes on Employee Engagement and Patient Experience
- Saint Joseph Orange Hospital, Orange, CA – Spotlighting: An Innovative Approach to Bring "Sacred Encounters" Alive in the Patient Experience
- Saint Thomas Hospital, Nashville, TN – Strategies to Improve Nurse to Family Member Communication about Critically Ill Patients
- Salem Hospital Foundation, Salem, OR – Caring for Patients at End of Life - "One Size" Doesn't Fit All
- Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare Foundation, Tallahassee, FL – Translation of Survey Forms to Measure Spanish-only Speaking Patient Experience and Satisfaction
- The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano, Plano, TX – The Effect of Nursing Intervention to Reduce Noise in Critical Care Patient Rooms to Improve Patient Satisfaction and Outcomes
Project summaries for each organization can be viewed on The Beryl Institute's Web site.
Founded in June 2010, The Beryl Institute Patient Experience Grant Program is intended to encourage and support research into the:
- value of focusing on the patient experience before, during and after care (e.g., ROI, satisfaction or quality outcomes)
- impact of customer service efforts on the health care experience
- influence of culture on the patient experience, service and outcomes
- integrated review of the critical interaction of these factors in supporting positive health care experiences
"Central to our mission is the generation of new ideas and a commitment to expanding the discussion on improving the patient experience," said Jason Wolf, Ph.D., executive director of The Beryl Institute. "By recognizing these organizations and supporting their ongoing work in their individual areas of focus, we hope to cultivate ideas and strategies that can be shared across the industry."
The grant award winners will complete additional research in their areas of focus and develop White Papers that will be published through The Beryl Institute and presented at The Beryl Institute Patient Experience Conference.
About The Beryl Institute
The Beryl Institute serves as a professional home for stakeholders who recognize that the patient experience is an essential element in the execution and evaluation of health care performance. The Institute is committed to improving the patient experience, by serving as a reliable resource for shared information and proven practices, a dynamic incubator of leading research and new ideas and an interactive connector of effective leaders and dedicated practitioners. The Institute is uniquely positioned to develop and publicize cutting-edge concepts focused on improving the patient experience, touching thousands of healthcare executives and patients.
You can follow The Beryl Institute on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter (@berylinstitute) or visit
The Beryl Institute Website, www.theberylinstitute.org. Related medicine technology :1
. Dendreon Announces Publication of Phase 1 Study Highlighting Immunologic and Clinical Activity of Lapuleucel-T (Neuvenge(R)) in Advanced Breast Cancer Patients2
. Cephalon Announces Positive Results from a Pivotal Study of FENTORA in Opioid-tolerant Patients with Non-cancer Breakthrough Pain3
. Millennium Initiates Clinical Trial to EVOLVE the Treatment of Patients with Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma4
. Allos Therapeutics Initiates Study of PDX in Patients with Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma5
. Vion Pharmaceuticals Completes Accrual of 85 Patients to its Pivotal Phase II Trial of Cloretazine(R) (VNP40101M) in Elderly AML6
. Sixty-One Percent of Newly Diagnosed Parkinsons Disease Patients Do Not Receive Any Drug Treatment in the First Year of Diagnosis7
. TaiGen Biotechnology Successfully Completes Patient Recruitment for Phase II Trial of Nemonoxacin for Treatment of Adult Community Acquired Pneumonia (CAP)8
. Callisto Pharmaceuticals Opens Additional Sites for Phase II Clinical Trial of Atiprimod in Advanced Carcinoid Cancer Patients9
. TorreyPines Therapeutics Completes Patient Enrollment in Phase IIb Clinical Trial of Tezampanel for the Treatment of Acute Migraine Headache10
. Many Heart Attack Patients Dont Get Best Emergency Treatment11
. Video: Landmark Study in The Lancet: Patients Treated With Betaseron(R) After First MS Attack Experienced Significant Delay in MS Progression