LOS ANGELES, March 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction a patented system for verification of purchase and product legality from Barcode Security Systems Inc. The lot will be included in the 15th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on March 29, 2012, at Terranea Resort near Los Angeles, California.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio discloses a technique for verifying the legitimate purchase of a retail item.
- At the point of purchase, an encoding device writes or otherwise provides unique machine-readable markings on the label (e.g., a barcode or an RFID tag).
- When a customer returns the item for refund or exchange, a detecting device/reader analyzes the label for the presence of the unique markings (which, for added security, could be invisible to the human eye).
- Presence of these unique markings can provide the retailer with important information such as whether the item was validly purchased, whether or not the item is eligible for a refund or exchange, purchase location, date and time of purchase, method of payment, etc.
- This information can be obtained without the requirement of a customer provided receipt.
- The disclosed technique can be implemented in POS devices in multiple industries including: pharmaceutical, retail, electronic, automotive and aerospace.
This IP is an important portfolio for manufacturers of barcode printers and scanners as well as RFID tags/readers for different industry applications including retail, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, electronics, automobile and aerospace.
Companies who have cited this patent portfolio include:
Impinj Inc., Wal-Mart Stores Inc., HP, StopLift Inc.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Olivia Becker of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 561-358-1678 or Olivia.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
About ICAP Related medicine technology :1
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
. ArtJen Announces Major Clinical Trial of Its Patented Weight Loss Product FBCx2
. Impliant Restarts Pivotal Clinical Trial for Patented TOPS(TM) Spine System3
. CB1400, Patented by Canopus BioPharma, Enters Phase II Clinical Trials for the Prevention of Mucositis in Patients With Cancer of the Head and Neck4
. Impliant Launches Less-Invasive Version of Patented TOPS(TM) Spine System5
. Echo Therapeutics Announces Major Milestone: The Completion of Product Development Work of its Revolutionary, Patented Prelude(TM) SkinPrep System6
. Echo Therapeutics Announces Significant Product Development Milestone: The Completion of Next Generation Electronic Components for Its Revolutionary, Patented Symphony(TM) tCGM System7
. Say Goodbye to Unwanted Love Handles: CoolSculpting by ZELTIQ™ Receives FDA Clearance for Patented, Non-Invasive Cooling Treatment for Fat Reduction8
. Medisafe 1 Technologies Successfully Tests Prototype of Patented Syringe Locking Device9
. KellBenx Secures Exclusive Worldwide License With AdnaGen for Commercializing Patented Antibodies10
. Van Beek Natural Sciences Patented Active Compound in DiaGel Offers one Dose Natural Cure for Pet Bacterial Diarrhea11
. Patented URINOZINC® Prostate Formula Now Available at GNC Stores