SOUTH PLAINFIELD, N.J., April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PTC Therapeutics, Inc. (PTC) today announced the appointment of Mark A. Rothera as Chief Commercial Officer, reporting to Stuart W. Peltz , Ph.D., CEO of PTC Therapeutics. Mr. Rothera will be responsible for global commercial functions supporting PTC's pipeline, including the investigational new drug ataluren.
"It is an exciting opportunity to join PTC," stated Mr. Rothera. "Ataluren is in late-stage clinical development for patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy and cystic fibrosis. Both indications have no treatment options targeting the underlying cause of the disorder. I look forward to applying my experience in rare diseases to build a commercial function at PTC dedicated to serving patients around the world."
A veteran of the orphan drug arena, Mr. Rothera has spent 15 of his 23 years in the biopharmaceutical industry bringing new therapies to patients with rare diseases. Mr. Rothera served previously as Global President of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc. where he was responsible for global commercial operations, manufacturing, and supply chain. Previously Mr. Rothera was Vice President and General Manager for the commercial operations of Shire Human Genetic Therapies in Europe, the Middle East & Africa, where he was instrumental in leading growth through geographic expansion and the successful launches of three new therapies for rare diseases across 40 countries. Prior to Shire, Mr. Rothera held global strategic and operational marketing and sales roles with the French and UK operations of Glaxo Wellcome. Mr. Rothera's previous roles included Marketing Director,
SOURCE PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. DSM and DecImmune Therapeutics Sign Agreement to Develop N2 Pathway Blocking Antibody
2. Serina Therapeutics Announces Agreement Retaining Woodside Capital Partners as Advisor and Investment Bank
3. Serina Therapeutics Announces Worldwide Exclusive License Agreement with The Scripps Research Institute for Click Chemistry
4. Mast Therapeutics Presents MST-188 Data at 7Th Annual Sickle Cell Disease Research and Educational Symposium
5. Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics (SBMT) announce the formation of American Board of Brain Mapping, its 2013 award recipients and its Brain Mapping Day at the US Congress
6. Sorbent Therapeutics Initiates Phase 2b Clinical Trial of CLP-1001 for Treatment of Signs and Symptoms of Fluid Overload in Patients with Heart Failure
7. NewGen Therapeutics Presents Data on NT-113, A Novel Pan-ErbB Inhibitor, at American Association of Cancer Research
8. Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. and IGDRASOL Announce Presentation on Non-Biologic Nanoparticle paclitaxel (NBN-Pac) Formulations for the Treatment of Solid Tumors at the Nanomedicine 2013 Meeting in Barcelona, Spain
9. Spencer Trask Congratulates InVivo Therapeutics on its Recent Approvals from the FDA
10. Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Eli Lilly, Novo Nordisk, Biogen, Amgen and Osiris Therapeutics
11. Adenosine Therapeutics Engages Needham & Company to Explore Strategic Options for Phase III Cardiac Stress Agent