95% percent of Americans support organ donation but only 48 percent of the population is registered as donors.
In 2016, there were approximately 2,327 lung transplants, but there are still over a thousand people who remained on the waitlist. Every year, there are plenty of people who's organs could be used to save lives, but there are either unaware or have misconceptions of what organ donation is.
After a lung transplant, patients need to closely monitor their lung function even after they leave the hospital. PMD Healthcare's Spiro PD 2.0 personal spirometer and Wellness Management Platform (WMS) enables patients, their physicians and caregivers to monitor their lung function anytime, anywhere. The Spiro PD 2.0 gives patients accurate data and metrics for pulmonary function tests such as, FVC, FEV 1, and the FEV 1/FEV ratio.
This information is then transferred to the HIPPA compliant online portal through Wi-Fi-technology, enabling doctors and additional care providers to closely watch patients without them being in the clinic, office or the hospital. This allows for quicker detection of complications, which can decrease the need for hospital readmission.
PMD Healthcare urges you to learn more about organ donation and register to be an official organ donor. For more information, visit https://www.organdonor.gov/register.html
Founded in 2010, PMD Healthcare is a Medical Device, Digital Health, and Chronic Care Management Service Company with a mission dedicated to creating innovative solutions that empower people to improve their healthcare and quality of life.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pmd-healthcare-wants-to-save-lives-this-valentines-day-with-organ-donation-300407042.html
Related medicine technology :
1. Machine Learning in Healthcare: Now for Everyone
2. National Healthcareer Association Gains Texas Approval for Pharmacy Technician Certification Program
3. Allergan to Present at The Leerink Partners 6th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
4. Lilly To Present At Leerink Partners Global Healthcare Conference
5. Precision Medicine Unlocks the Future of Targeted Therapy in the Global Healthcare Industry
6. Healthcare Stocks Under Scanner -- Aerie Pharma, GW Pharma, Retrophin, and SciClone Pharma
7. PharmaBoardroom Releases Healthcare and Life Sciences Review Philippines
8. Regulus to Present at Upcoming Healthcare Conferences
9. Saint Francis Healthcare Partners Selects Orion Healths Precision Medicine Platform
10. NuVasive To Present At Leerink Partners 6th Annual Global Healthcare Conference 2017
11. Joaquin Duato of Johnson & Johnson named 2017 Honorable Mentor by the Healthcare Businesswomens Association