"In the interim, PDI continues to develop plans to manage in today's environment and we are executing on our goals, including focusing on our core business, identifying areas in which to drive down expenses while reinvesting in order to bolster our competitive position, and improving asset utilization. A new virtual call center, which went live in early October, and our recently announced co-marketing agreement with Physicians Interactive, will allow us to further expand the range of integrated, value-added services we provide. We expect these and other initiatives, including a new sales force automation system designed to lower costs while enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of our field force, to make a positive impact on both existing and new client engagements moving forward.
"We continue to focus aggressively on gaining new business while working in parallel to reduce our cost structure so that as the market improves, the impact on our earnings and profitability will be that much more pronounced. As evidence of our progress, on an adjusted basis, even with reduced revenue, we significantly reduced our operating loss in part due to our ongoing cost reduction initiatives. Our next most visible sign of cost reduction efforts will come at the end of the fourth quarter of this year when we will be relocating our corporate offices to smaller, less costly facilities in Parsippany, New Jersey. While this move will require a charge to earnings of up to $5 million, we anticipate that it will result in savings beginning in 2010."
Financial Overview - Third Quart
SOURCE PDI, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. CareFusion Reports First Quarter Results, Raises Full-Year Outlook
2. Symmetry Medical Reports Third Quarter 2009 Financial Results
3. NxStage(R) Reports Third Quarter 2009 Financial Results and Raises Revenue Guidance for Fiscal 2009
4. GSI Group Inc. Announces NASDAQ Delisting and Reports Progress on Revenue Recognition Review and Preliminary Third Quarter 2009 Bookings and Cash Balance
5. Savient Pharmaceuticals Reports Third Quarter 2009 Financial Results
6. HeartWare International Reports Third Quarter Revenues of $7.5 Million
7. Varian, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter 2009 Results
8. Thoratec Reports 14 Percent Growth in Cardiovascular Division Sales as Third Quarter Revenues Increase Nine Percent
9. Medivation Reports Third Quarter 2009 Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update
10. Cambrex Reports Third Quarter 2009 Results
11. Regeneron Reports Third Quarter 2009 Financial and Operating Results