SANTA ROSA, Calif., July 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Osseon Therapeutics, Inc., a biomedical device company based in Santa Rosa, California, today received a notice of allowance for its spinal vertebral compression fracture (VCF) technology. The company which was started in 2006 has thirteen additional patent applications pending in the United States and throughout the world for related spinal therapies and devices. The lead inventor for this inaugural patent is Dr. Y. King Liu, one of three founders of Osseon.
The company has been marketing its FDA approved first generation "Osseoplasty™" systems since February, 2009. The Osseon devices received CE Mark in November 2009 and the company began marketing the product line in Europe in February of 2010. The proprietary Osseoplasty™ procedure has been performed in over 900 patients in the U.S. and Europe.
According to John Stalcup, Ph.D., CEO of Osseon, "This initial patent allowance for Osseon's spinal VCF technology is a major milestone for the company's intellectual property pursuits. We anticipate receiving a number of additional patents in the future on various aspects of the Osseoflex™ steerable and curvable needle and the novel methods for bone cement delivery, which enable a safe, effective, and minimally invasive approach for spine disease treatment."
Osseon Therapeutics, Inc. is focused on bringing to market alternative minimally invasive treatments for degenerative bone and joint disease. Headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA'/>"/>
SOURCE Osseon Therapeutics, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Osseon Launches in Europe
2. Osseon Therapeutics Demonstrates to the European Medical Community How to Think Outside The Balloon When Treating Vertebral Compression Fractures
3. Reclast(R) Receives US FDA Approval as First and Only Once-Yearly Treatment for Women With Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
4. Indevus Receives Approvable Letter From FDA for VALSTAR(R) for Bladder Cancer Therapy
5. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Receives Clearance to Resume Clinical Trials for XIAFLEX(TM)
6. Abbott Receives Supplemental FDA Approval for its Best-in-Class in Sensitivity RealTime HIV-1 Viral Load Test
7. GlaxoSmithKline Receives New HHS Order for H5N1 Bulk Antigen. First North American Clinical Trials with GSKs Candidate Pre-pandemic Flu Vaccine to Start.
8. CryoCor Receives FDA Approval for Right Atrial Flutter
9. Ranbaxy Receives Approval to Manufacture and Market Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets USP
10. Dimericine(R) Receives FDA Fast Track Designation for Treatment Of Photosensitivity in XP Patients
11. Poniard Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Fast Track Designation for Picoplatin for Treatment of Small Cell Lung Cancer