OKLAHOMA CITY, May 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Orthocare Innovations' Compas™ (Computerized Prosthesis Alignment System) was recognized on April 29 at the 2010 Edison Best New Product Awards in New York City. Orthocare was voted as one of three top products from over three hundred considered in the Science and Medical Category.
The Edison Award is a premier national award that celebrates technology and product in innovation in the spirit of Thomas Edison. In the Science and Medical Category, Orthocare's Compas™ received the Bronze award, trailing only products by Johnson & Johnson's Ethicon Endosurgery and GE Healthcare in the voting.
Orthocare President and Chief Executive Officer Doug McCormack commented, "Compas™ and Smart Pyramid™ continue to be recognized as innovative, game-changing products. To be included alongside some of the top corporations is a true honor for our Company and signals that Compas™ and Smart Pyramid™ are well on the way to becoming new standards in orthotics and prosthetics."
The Edison Award is the second significant national award for Compas™ and its inventor, Orthocare's Chief Technology Officer David Boone. Compas™ was previously recognized with an R&D 100 award by R&D Magazine.
For more information on the Edison Awards, go to
SOURCE Orthocare Innovations
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Suzie Williams, CP Joins Orthocare Innovations as Clinical Services Manager
2. Specialists On Call Wins 2010 Innovations in Healthcare ABBY Award
3. Sonic Innovations Conducts National Training Events for Government Clinicians
4. CyberKnife Society Scientific Meeting to Highlight Clinical Results and Technical Innovations
5. Young Innovations, Inc. Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Dividend
6. Young Innovations, Inc. Provides 4th Quarter Conference Call Details
7. Inverness Medical Innovations Offers to Acquire Standard Diagnostics
8. Inverness Medical Innovations to Present at the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference on January 12, 2010
9. Sonic Innovations, Inc. Donates $10,000 to Feeding America
10. Abbotts Ibis Technology Named One of the Top Innovations for 2009 by The Scientist
11. The Scientist Magazine Recognizes febits HybSelect(TM) Among the Winners of Top 10 Innovations of 2009