FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OrbusNeich Medical, Inc. ("OrbusNeich") announced that it received a favorable ruling from the European Patent Office ("EPO") yesterday in connection with its European Patent EP1 341 482. The '482 patent covers certain novel stents with helical structures. It was issued by the EPO to OrbusNeich in October 2010 and does not expire until December 2021.
In July 2011, Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) and Terumo Kabushiki Kaisha filed oppositions asking the EPO to revoke the '482 patent, asserting that the patent was invalid. In response, OrbusNeich amended the claim of the '482 patent to more clearly identify the scope of its novel, helical stents. During oral proceedings held yesterday in The Hague, the EPO upheld the claim of the '482 patent as amended.
OrbusNeich believes that the claim of the '482 patent is infringed by current lines of Boston Scientific's stent systems. OrbusNeich is committed to maintaining and enforcing patent protection for all of its intellectual property and innovations. The Company is evaluating all options related to its stent patent portfolio.
OrbusNeich is a global company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative medical devices for the treatment of vascular diseases. Current products are the world's first pro-healing stent, the Genous™ Stent, as well as other stents and balloons marketed under the names of Azule™, R stent™, Scoreflex™, Sapphire™, Sapphire II™ and Sapphire NC™. Development stage products include the COMBO Dual Therapy Stent™, the world's first dual therapy stent. OrbusNeich is headquartered in Hong Kong and has operations in <
SOURCE OrbusNeich Medical, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Early Coronary Artery Healing Advantage of OrbusNeichs Combo Dual Therapy Stent™ Compared to the TAXUS® Stent Shown in Two Clinical Trial Subgroup Analyses
2. Trovagene Announces Commercial Launch Timelines for HPV Carrier and Oncogene Mutation Tests
3. Comprehensive Care Corporation Announces New Medicare Contract with Humana Health Plan of California, Inc.
4. Unilife Corporation Announces Financial Results For Fiscal Year 2013 Second Quarter
5. Regeneron Announces Receipt of Hart-Scott-Rodino Notice
6. DelMar Pharmaceuticals Announces $1.0 Million Third Closing in Private Placement
7. Depomed Announces Appointment of Vicente J. Anido, Jr., Ph.D. to Board of Directors, and Retirement of Directors Julian N. Stern and Craig R. Smith, M.D.
8. CPhI Announces its 2nd Annual Global Pharma Regulatory Summit
9. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Announces Pricing of Public Offering of 1,840,000 Shares of Common Stock
10. NASP Announces Partnership with Gerry Crocker to Advance Specialty Pharmacy Industry
11. American Outcomes Management, L.P. announces the appointment of Patrick S. Smith as President and Chief Operating Officer