Funded by ARMS Pharmaceutical, the double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial was conducted by University Hospital's Cleveland Medical Center's Division of Infectious Diseases and Case Western Reserve University. The conclusion of the study states, "ARMS-I is safe and well-tolerated, and it reduces influenza symptoms. This product has the potential to prevent viral upper respiratory tract infections."
Chief Scientific Officer of ARMS Pharmaceutical, Dr. Mahmoud Ghannoum said, "The results confirm that our ARMS-I technology has tremendous potential to lead the next generation of drugs in not only the prevention of many upper respiratory infectious diseases, such as influenza, rhinovirus and respiratory syncytial virus, but in the treatment of them as well."
ARMS-I is a patented formulation, comprising a broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent (cetylpyridinium chloride, "CPC") and components (glycerin and xanthan gum) that form a barrier on the host mucosa, thus preventing viral contact with the host cells and invasion.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") has accepted the company's Investigational New Drug Application ("IND") for a pharmacokinetic trial of its ARMS-I drug, as the company continues to study and develop the use of ARMS-I for its first indication as a potential drug for the prevention of influenza.
"It is an exciting time for the company as we actively begin discussions with potential strategic partners to bring ARMS-I to market, a drug with the potential to help millions of people prevent influenza without the worries of side effects or viral resistance," added Afif Ghannoum, Chief Executive Officer of ARMS Pharmaceutical.
About ARMS Pharmaceutical LLC
ARMS Pharmaceutical LLC, a clinical stage pharmaceutical company, was founded in 2013. The company focuses on the R&D of its ARMS technology platform. ARMS-I is the company's lead drug candidate for the prevention of influenza. Through strategic partnerships, ARMS Pharmaceutical plans to commercialize its ARMS platform for the prevention and treatment of various infectious diseases.
BLAZE PR / Matt Kovacs
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oral-topical-formulation-arms-i-provides-protection-against-upper-respiratory-infections-as-well-as-reducing-severity-and-duration-of-cold-300402975.html
|SOURCE ARMS Pharmaceutical LLC|
Copyright©2017 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. BioPharmX Data Suggest Anti-Inflammatory Activity of BPX-01 Topical Minocycline Gel
2. Otsuka Licenses Pre-Phase 3 Topical Atopic Dermatitis Treatment to Medimetriks
3. Encore Vision, Inc. Announces Completion of Target Enrollment in Clinical Study Evaluating Topical EV06 for the Treatment of Presbyopia
4. Study Shows Topical BioPharmX Formulation Treats Acne While Minimizing Systemic Exposure of Minocycline
5. Snapshot of Innovations in R&D Targeting Key Applications of Drug Delivery Technologies - Oral Route, Pulmonary, Topical, Implantable, Injectable, Transdermal & Transmucosal Route Analysis
6. Immune Pharmaceuticals Announces New Data with Topical Cyclosporine Nano-Capsules in Dermatology
7. Teligent, Inc. Announces Submission of Two Topical ANDAs
8. Global Topical Drug Delivery Partnering 2010-2015
9. Study Shows Safety of BioPharmX Topical Formulation
10. Allergan Enters Into Licensing Agreement with Mimetogen Pharmaceuticals to Develop and Commercialize Tavilermide (MIM-D3) Topical Dry Eye Treatment
11. Prescription Pain Drugs Including Opioid, Anticonvulsant, Injectable/ Inhaled, Topical/ Transdermal, Medical Marijuana - 2015-2020 Analysis and Forecasts