About DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) Tablets
DIFICID is the first macrolide antibacterial drug indicated for Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD) to be approved in over 25 years in the U.S. It is indicated in the U.S. for the treatment of CDAD in adults 18 years of age or older. DIFICID is administered in 200 milligram tablets given orally, twice daily.
Important Safety Information for DIFICID
DIFICID is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to fidaxomicin. DIFICID should not be used for systemic infections. Acute hypersensitivity reactions (angioedema, dyspnea, pruritus, and rash) have been reported. In the event of a severe reaction, discontinue DIFICID. Only use DIFICID for infection proven, or strongly suspected, to be caused by C. difficile. Prescribing DIFICID in the absence of a proven or strongly suspected C. difficile infection is unlikely to provide benefit to the patient and increases the risk of the development of drug resistant bacteria. The most common adverse reactions reported in clinical trials are nausea (11%), vomiting (7%), abdominal pain (6%), gastrointestinal hemorrhage (4%), anemia (2%) and neutropenia (2%).
Please visit www.DIFICID.com or call 855-DIFICID (343-4243) for full prescribing information for DIFICID.About Optimer Pharmaceuticals
We are a global biopharmaceutical company currently focused on commercializing our antibiotic product DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) tablets in the United States and Canada, and developing other fidaxomicin products in the United States
SOURCE Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Optimer Pharmaceuticals to Host Conference Call and Webcast to Discuss First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
2. Optimer Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results
3. Optimer Pharmaceuticals Board of Directors Appoints Board Chairman, Dr. Henry McKinnell, Chief Executive Officer
4. Optimer Pharmaceuticals to Host Conference Call and Webcast to Discuss Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results
5. Optimer Pharmaceuticals to Present at Leerink Swann Global Healthcare Conference
6. Optimer Pharmaceuticals to Present at 23rd Annual Oppenheimer Healthcare Conference
7. Optimer Pharmaceuticals to Present at November 2012 Investor Conferences
8. Optimer Pharmaceuticals Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
9. Optimer Pharmaceuticals to Present at September 2012 Investor Conferences
10. Optimer Pharmaceuticals to Present at the Canaccord Genuity 32nd Annual Growth Conference
11. Optimer Pharmaceuticals Appoints Stephen Newman to Its Board of Directors