HOUSTON, April 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services, a leading contract research organization (CRO) serving the pharmaceutical industry in Phase I-Phase IV clinical trials and related services, announced today the opening of a new early-stage clinical facility in Houston, TX. The 55,000 square foot facility is scheduled to be operational in August, 2013.
"This exciting new facility reflects Novum's continued growth and our deep commitment to our clients' needs," said Christopher H. Chamberlain , Novum's Chief Executive Officer. "Like our other research facilities, it will provide a safe, convenient, and pleasant environment for our study participants," he added.
The GCP-compliant facility is being custom-built in Houston's Westchase district, a short distance from Novum's current clinics. The new facility will have seven research units that are designed to make the most efficient use of its 225 beds. Additionally, a 12-bed intensive monitoring unit will allow for early phase research studies requiring continuous cardiac and other specialized safety monitoring. The floor plan and layout will provide a high degree of flexibility in space planning to handle multiple types of study designs.
"While our employees and study participants truly make the difference at Novum, bringing this state-of-the-art facility online will raise the bar for Novum and the industry," said Dr. Darin Brimhall , Novum's Vice President of Clinic Operations.
About Novum PRS
Novum is a contract research organization ("CRO") that provides Phase I through IV clinical research, data management, statistical and reporting services to the pharmaceutical and related industries. Founded in 1972, it operates Phase I research facilities with a total of 550 beds in three USA'/>"/>
SOURCE Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. NorDx Enhances Clinical Laboratory Diagnostic Services with State-of-the-Art Technology
2. Alma Lasers to Showcase State-of-the-Art Innovations for Aesthetic Treatment at AAD
3. Salix Pharmaceuticals Donates $500,000 To ASGEs IT&T Capital Campaign To Build A New State-of-the-Art GI Training Center
4. University Hospitals and Philips Healthcare to Showcase State-of-the-art Imaging Technology at Cleveland Medical Mart
5. ImmusanT Relocates Offices to State-of-the-Art Innovation Facility
6. Forum Extended Care Services Announces Plans to Move to Larger, State-Of-the-art Facility
7. Specialty Silicone Fabricators Inaugurates New State-of-the-Art Facility in Paso Robles
8. Arena Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 1 Clinical Trial of APD334 for Autoimmune Diseases
9. For Osteoporosis and Osteopenia, Clinical Data and Thought Leaders Opinions Indicate that AMG-785/CDP-7851 and Odanacatib Have Advantages Over Alendronate
10. Array BioPharma Announces Updates on ARRY-520 Clinical Data at the 2013 International Myeloma Workshop
11. VG Life Sciences Reports Positive Safety Results from Second Cohort Enrollment in Solid Tumor Clinical Trial