MINNEAPOLIS, July 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nonin Medical, Inc., the inventor of finger pulse oximetry and a leader in noninvasive medical monitoring, announced today that Mark VanderWerf, Nonin's Vice President of eHealth and OEM, has been elected Chairman of the American Telemedicine Association's (ATA) Industry Council and will join the ATA's Board of Directors.
The ATA is the leading international resource and advocate promoting the use of advanced remote medical technologies. The ATA and its diverse membership work to transform healthcare to improve quality, equity and affordability throughout the world through the full integration of telemedicine and virtual care into healthcare delivery.
"We are excited to have Mark's energy, focus and experience as Chairman of the Industry Council," said Jon Linkous, Chief Executive Officer of the ATA. "The ATA's Industry Council represents the most influential corporations in telemedicine including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Panasonic, Philips, IBM and about 45 other corporations. We welcome Mark's leadership as the ATA continues its work with industry to advance the future of telemedicine."
VanderWerf is a globally recognized thought leader, speaker, and advisor in telehealth, telemedicine and virtual care. He was the founder and President of AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc., the world's leading supplier of medical devices for telemedicine, as well as Telehealth Advisors, an industry consulting practice. VanderWerf was elected to the College of Fellows at the ATA in 2011 and is a founding board member of the International Society for Telemedicine and eHealth.
About Nonin Medical, Inc.
Nonin Medical, Inc. invented the finger pulse oximeter and designs and manufactures noninvasive medical monitoring solutions that meet customers' technology needs today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Plymouth,
SOURCE Nonin Medical, Inc.
Copyright©2014 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Nonin Medical Appoints Ash Keswani Vice President of Marketing
2. Nonin Medical to Demonstrate First-of-a-Kind Medical Monitoring Technologies at MEDICA 2013
3. Nonin Medical Appoints Richard J. Eagle Vice President of Sales
4. Identifying Suspicious Skin Lesions with a Noninvasive, Painless Device
5. Frost & Sullivan Recognizes Nonin Medical with 2013 North American Pulse Oximetry Devices Product Quality Leadership Award
6. ResMed Noninvasive Ventilation Device Cleared by FDA for COPD Treatment
7. Nonin Medical annuncia lo spostamento del Centro Assistenza Clienti dalla Svezia ai Paesi Bassi
8. Nonin Medical verlegt Kundendienstzentrum von Schweden in die Niederlande
9. National Minority Quality Forum Announces Support for Government Noninterference in Drug Price Negotiations
10. Nonin Medical als exklusiver Anbieter für zerebrales/somatisches Oximetriesystems an führenden Kinderkliniken in Polen ausgewählt
11. Nonin Medical Selected as Exclusive Provider of Cerebral/Somatic Oximetry Systems to Leading Pediatric Hospitals in Poland