pharmaceutical players, medical imaging players, patients and doctors as end-users and the regulatory authorities. There is a need for collaboration between the various stakeholders. Strategic and business partnerships, scientific and clinical education and a number of confidence building measures have to be developed to win the trust of regulatory authorities, investors and end-users.
3. Private equity investors, venture capitals and VC division of corporate companies are the major financial contributors. It has been observed that venture capital funding in stent companies has dried up since the mid-2000s. Private equity investments are the main funding source off-late. Several large players are being actively supported by private equity players, besides public offerings. Capital is also being raised through technology licensing.
4. By promoting creativity among physicians and high potential technology advances by small device companies, transformative innovation will definitely see rapid progress. Initiative should be taken to address funding for investigator-directed research and enhanced seed funding from government backed and VC sources to develop small private businesses based on these ideas.
Overview of Stent Technologies - Definition and Technology Background
What is a Stent?
• A mesh/tube that is implanted in the body to prevent a conduit from collapsing
• Stents facilitate timely and effective fluid transport, structural radial support.
• Stents can be permanent implants or temporary aids.
• Stents can further be defined based on materials used or application areas.
Why is it important?
• A blocked or collapsed conduit will prevent effective and timely fluid transfer.
• Stents find importance during coronary artery disease, peripheral artery
disease, endovascular surgery, abdominal aortic aneurism and so on.
• Stents are also used temporarily durinPage: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Related medicine technology :1
. Alzheimers Drug Discovery Foundation Presents its 8th Annual Drug Discovery for Neurodegeneration Conference in February 20142
. PaperFree Pharmacy Generation 3 Hits the Market3
. Next Generation Sequencing Bioinformatics Heats up: Nearing $1000 Genome Sparks Soaring Data Output4
. UbiVac Opens Trial of Next Generation Lung Cancer Vaccine5
. Omeros Announces Positive OMS721 Data in Model of Age-Related Macular Degeneration6
. Life Technologies Ion Torrent Breakthrough Award Honors Discoveries and Genomic Research Fueled by Next-Generation Sequencing7
. Capsugel Previews New Generation, Easy-to-Open Sprinkle Capsule at CPhI Worldwide and AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition8
. VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies Secures Up To $15MM To Accelerate Growth Of Its Novel Treatment For Age-Related Macular Degeneration9
. Gentris Corporation Launches Next Generation Human Transcriptome Array10
. Doctor Updates Book on Eyeglass Treatments for Macular Degeneration11
. Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program Announces Decision to Acquire COPANs WASPLab, the Next Generation Full Laboratory Automation and Digital Bacteriology System