Please report any unexpected effects or product problems to the Boehringer Ingelheim Drug Information Unit by calling 1-800-542-6257.
Approximately 25.8 million Americans2 and an estimated 371 million people worldwide3 have type 1 or type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is the most common type, accounting for an estimated 90 to 95 percent of all diabetes cases.2 Diabetes is a chronic condition that occurs when the body does not properly produce or use the hormone insulin.4 Diabetes was estimated to cost the U.S. $245 billion in 2012.5
Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly and Company
In January 2011, Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly and Company announced an alliance in the field of diabetes that centers on three compounds representing several of the largest diabetes treatment classes. This alliance leverages the companies' strengths as two of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, combining Boehringer Ingelheim's solid track record of research-driven innovation and Lilly's innovative research, experience, and pioneering history in diabetes. By joining forces, the companies demonstrate commitment in the care of patients with diabetes and stand together to focus on patient needs. Find out more about the alliance at www.boehringer-ingelheim.com or www.lilly.com.
About Boehringer Ingelheim
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., based in Ridgefield, CT, is the largest U.S. subsidiary of Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation (Ridgefield, CT) and a member of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies.
The Boehringer Ingelheim group is one of the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germa
SOURCE Eli Lilly and Company; Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Royalty Pharma Informs Elan Stockholders About The Consequences Arising From The Results Of The Elan EGM Earlier Today
2. The World Customs Organization (WCO) and the Institute of Research Against Counterfeit Medicines (IRACM) issue a new warning about the health and safety of African populations
3. Governor Chris Christies Surprise Gastric Bypass Has Americans Talking about Health: What Are Less Drastic Ways to Stay Lean and Prevent Cardio Risks?
4. Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Eli Lilly and Company launch educational campaign about emerging science in type 2 diabetes
5. US B12 Shots releases New Article about Vitamin B12 Injections and Benefits
6. National Pharmaceutical Council Survey Shows Health Care Stakeholders Continue to Show Optimism About the Future Role of Comparative Effectiveness Research
7. New National Survey Shows Majority of Americans Confident About Choosing Health Coverage
8. Pro Hormones Direct.com Launches New Easy to Navigate Site about Testosterone Boosters and Pro Hormone Reviews
9. US Vitamin Injections Posts New Article about the Science of Muscle Building
10. Thousands Of Community Advocates Headed To Capitol Hill Today To Educate Members Of Congress About Substance Abuse Prevention
11. About HCG Injections Posts HCG Diet Testimonial by HCG Shot User