In 2009, Boehringer Ingelheim posted net sales of US $17.7 billion (12.7 billion euro) while spending 21% of net sales in its largest business segment, Prescription Medicines, on research and development.
*Although studied in the RE-LY trial, dabigatran etexilate 110mg is not approved for use
(1) Nagarakanti R, et al. "Dabigatran versus Warfarin in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation: An Analysis of Patients Undergoing Cardioversion. Circulation. 2011;123:131-136.
(2) PRADAXA prescribing information
(3) Connolly SJ, et al. "Dabigatran versus Warfarin in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation." New England Journal of Medicine. 2009; 361:1139-51.
(4) Ezekowitz MD, et al. "Rationale and design of RE-LY: Randomized evaluation of long-term anticoagulation therapy, warfarin, compared with dabigatran." American Heart Journal. 2009; 157: 805-810.
(5) Oldgren J, et al. "Dabigatran Versus Warfarin In Atrial Fibrillation Patients With Low, Moderate And High Chads2 Score - A Re-ly Subgroup Analysis." Presented at AHA, 2009.
(6) NHLBI website. "What is AFib?" Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/af/af_what.html. Accessed on: August 2, 2010.
(7) Go, Alan S., and Elaine M. Hylek et al. Prevalence of Diagnosed Atrial Fibrillation in Adults: National Implications for Rhythm Management and Stroke Prevention: the ATRIA Study. JAMA. 2002; 285:2370-2375.
(8) Fuster, V et al. "Atrial Fibrillation: Developed in Collaboration With the European Heart Committee to Revise the 2001 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With the European Society of Cardiolog
|SOURCE Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved