"keeping influencing factors in mind, it can therefore be used to screen large numbers of patients for latent CO poisoning." They also noted the "potential for different measurement results from correct and incorrect (sensor) placement," an encouragement for users to closely follow the directions for use. The current study follows the results by researchers in the ED of a Rhode Island Hospital, who first demonstrated that large scale population screening of ED patients using SpCO could identify patients with unsuspected CO poisoning.(6)
(1) Roth D, Herkner H, Schreiber W, Hubmann N, Gamper G, Laggner A, Havel C. "Accuracy of Noninvasive Multiwave Pulse Oximetry Compare with Carboxyhemoglobin From Blood Gas Analysis in Unselected Emergency Department Patients." Annals of Emergency Medicine Published April 2011 online ahead of print here.
(2) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Nonfatal, unintentional, non–fire-related carbon monoxide exposures—United States, 2004-2006." MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008;57:896-899.
(3) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Carbon monoxide–related deaths—United States, 1999-2004." MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007;56:1309-1312.
(4) Keles A, Demircan A, Kurtoglu G. "Carbon monoxide poisoning: how many patients do we miss?" Eur J Emerg Med. 2008;15:154-157.
(5) Hampson NB, Scott KL, Zmaeff JL. "Carboxyhemoglobin measurement by hospitals: implications for the diagnosis of carbon monoxide poisoning." J Emerg Med. 2006;31:13-16.
(6) Suner S, Partridge R, Sucov A, et al. "Noninvasive Pulse CO-Oximetry Screening in the Emergency Department Identifies Occult Carbon Monoxide Toxicity." J. Emerg Med. 2008; 34(4): 441-450.
Masimo (NASDAQ: Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Related medicine technology :1
. New Published Study Finds Masimo SET® Delivers More Reliable Measurements Significantly Faster Than Other Pulse Oximetry Technologies2
. Data from FREEDOM-301 Study for LEVADEX™ Orally Inhaled Migraine Drug Published in Headache3
. Research on Crucial Role of PET-Guided Biopsy in Initial Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Presurgical Planning Published in The Breast Journal4
. Data Published in the Journal of Interventional Cardiology Demonstrate Effectiveness and Safety of OrbusNeichs Genous™ Stent in Diabetic Patients5
. Positive Findings From Excellagen Matrix Clinical Study Published in Peer-Reviewed Journal Wound Repair and Regeneration6
. German High Court Rules in Favor of AmniSure® as New European Guidelines Published7
. Results Published in The Lancet Demonstrate Superiority of XGEVA™ (Denosumab) in the Prevention of Bone Complications for Men With Bone Metastases From Advanced Prostate Cancer8
. Analysis of Calipers Phase I EPA ToxCast™ Data Published in Leading Scientific Journal9
. Published Data From e-HEALING Registry Demonstrate Good Clinical Outcomes With Low Incidence of Repeat Revascularization and Stent Thrombosis for OrbusNeichs Genous™ Stent10
. Caldolor® Rapid Infusion Shown to be Safe and Well Tolerated in Newly Published Clinical Study11
. CHAMPION Study Published in The Lancet