NEW YORK, Sept. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Pharmaceutical and healthcare market research company Manhattan Research releases its latest report, "Consumer Online Health Video: Understanding Consumption Patterns to Optimize Implementation." This report explores consumer demand for online health video and the impact of this format on health behavior. Adoption of online health video has increased significantly among U.S. consumers online for prescription drug information in particular, growing from 21% in 2007 to 48% in 2009. The report also details where consumers watch health video and which genres they prefer, as well as the challenges and opportunities in leveraging YouTube. For example, marketers should be aware that significantly more consumers watch online health video on general health and news websites than on YouTube.
"Optimizing online health video investments can be tricky," said Monique Levy, Senior Director of Research at Manhattan Research and lead author of the report. "Consumers tend to watch health video where they are already getting health information and don't necessarily go online intending to find health video, suggesting a distributed video strategy is best. However, this approach is often more costly than investing in a single channel."
"Consumer Online Health Video: Understanding Consumption Patterns to Optimize Implementation" is from Manhattan Research's ePharma Consumer® v9.0 study, which is focused on the attitudes and behaviors of consumers seeking pharmaceutical information online. The study was conducted via online survey in Q4 2009 among 6,575 U.S. adults (age 18+).
For more information about the report and its table of contents, please visit http://www.manhattanresearch.com/online-health-video, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1.888.680.0800, ext 2.
About Manhattan Research Reports Manhattan Research offers in-depth reports on important trends in physician and consumer use of digital media and technology for health. The report series draws from interviews conducted with nearly 20,000 physicians and consumers about their behaviors, attitudes, and future interests as it relates to their use of the Internet and other technologies for health and treatment decisions. Each PDF report includes a written analysis, supporting graphs and data, and strategic takeaways. For more information, please visit http://www.manhattanresearch.com/reports.
About Manhattan ResearchManhattan Research, a Decision Resources, Inc. company, is a leading market research and advisory services firm for global pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. For more information, visit www.manhattanresearch.com, email email@example.com or call 1.888.680.0800.
About Decision Resources, Inc.Decision Resources, Inc. is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Please visit Decision Resources, Inc. at www.decisionresourcesinc.com.All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.For more information, contact:Manhattan ResearchStephanie Cooper212firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Manhattan Research
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Manhattans Physicians Group Selects ITelagen for Hosting and Management of EHR
2. The Japanese Cancer Association and Debiopharm Group(TM) Present the JCA-Mauvernay Award to Dr Ogawa and Prof. Maeda for Their Outstanding Oncology Research
3. National Pharmaceutical Council Comments on Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute Board of Governors
4. Latin American Aortic Stent Graft Market to Reach Over $150 Million by 2015, According to Millennium Research Group
5. Mayo Clinic Research on SurgiCount To Be Presented at Conferences
6. Biodel Reports Research Progress in Poster Session on Short-Acting Insulins at 46th EASD Annual Meeting
7. Special Issue of PharmacoEconomics to Focus on Comparative Effectiveness Research
8. Cellectis bioresearch and Helix Biocon Join Forces for the Promotion of cGPS® and cGPS® Custom Kits and Cell Line Engineering Services in India
9. CulGenex™ by Hardy Diagnostics Assists Medical Researchers!
10. Kenneth Alo, M.D., Joins Ascendant Neuro as Director of Neuromodulation and Clinical Research
11. Metabolic Solutions Development Company to Present Research Findings to European Association for the Study of Diabetes