WARSAW, Ind., March 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZMH; SIX: ZMH), a leader in musculoskeletal care, today showcased its recently introduced Continuum Acetabular Cup System at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) annual meeting. The Continuum Cup combines the best of Zimmer's proven hip technologies – Trabecular Metal™ Technology, Metasul® Metal-on-Metal technology, BIOLOX® delta and Longevity® Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene – with new innovations in what is now the company's most versatile acetabular cup system.
Candidates for hip replacement surgery represent a wide array of ages and lifestyle demands. Different patient circumstances require surgeons to consider a variety of implant bearing surfaces to accommodate their patients' needs. The Continuum Cup gives surgeons the option of choosing between metal or Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene bearing surfaces, and metal or ceramic heads to match a range of patient lifestyles.
"By creating a system with multiple cup liner options in a range of sizes and configurations, surgeons are able to select the cup and bearing surface which best meet each patient's specific needs, creating a more personalized fit," said Jeff McCaulley'/>"/>
SOURCE Zimmer Holdings, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. GelFix(TM) Posterior Spinal Distraction Implant Receives CE Mark
2. Ferring Pharmaceuticals and Gene Security Network Partner to Test Advanced Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) Technology
3. American Heart Association Rapid Access Journal Report: Implanted Monitor Accurately Detects Heart Rhythm Disturbances
4. AHRQ and American College of Cardiology Collaborate On Study of Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
5. Smith & Nephew Orthopaedics Begins Distribution to Haiti of Trauma Implants and Instruments
6. WorldHeart Announces First U.S. Implant of Levacor(TM) VAD Implant at INTEGRIS in Oklahoma City
7. FDA Advisory Panel Votes 15 to 0 in Favor of Approving Envoy Medicals Esteem(R) Fully Implantable Hearing Restoration System
8. Reportlinker Adds South Korean Market for Dental Implants and Final Abutments 2009
9. Top 5 Global Spinal Implant Companies Maintaining Position but Competition Rising Rapidly
10. Reportlinker Adds European Markets for Spinal Implants, MIS, and VCF 2009 (15 Countries)
11. LifeNet Health Announces First Bio-Implant with New Preservation Technology