"This study adds to the clinical evidence confirming the advantages of Abbott's high sensitive troponin test to provide more insight to clinicians about which patients are at greater risk for a future heart attack as compared to contemporary tests," said John Frels, PhD, divisional vice president, Diagnostics Research, Abbott. "This is important information for patient care because it may help doctors focus on the patients at greater risk for appropriate management."
The abstract for this study was selected as the first annual recipient of the Biomarkers of Acute Cardiac Disease Division Outstanding Abstract Award. The committee awarded a grant for outstanding abstract to one of the key authors of the study, Dr. Petr Jarolim (Brigham and Women's Hospital).
The ARCHITECT STAT hsTnI assay is commercially available in Europe and runs on Abbott's fully-automated ARCHITECT family of analyzers.
About Abbott Diagnostics
Abbott is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics and offers a broad range of innovative instrument systems and tests for hospitals, reference labs, molecular labs, blood banks, physician offices and clinics. With more than 22,000 customers in more than 100 countries, Ab
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related medicine technology :
1. Grifols Implements Its First Automated Inventory Management Carousel System for Investigational Pharmacies at Emory University
2. Signum Dermalogix Investigational New Drug (IND) Application Cleared by FDA: SIG990 a Potential Treatment for Rosacea
3. Sanofi Announces Positive Phase 3 Results for Investigational New Insulin U300
4. Phase III study finds investigational agent empagliflozin significantly reduced blood glucose in adults with type 2 diabetes and impaired kidney function
5. Phase III data show investigational compound empagliflozin significantly reduced blood glucose in adults with type 2 diabetes
6. Follow-up Phase II Data Analysis Adds to Body of Evidence for Investigational Novel Basal Insulin, LY2605541
7. Phase III data show significant reduction in blood glucose with investigational compound empagliflozin added to metformin or metformin plus sulfonylurea in adults with type 2 diabetes
8. Takeda Submits Biologics License Application for a New Investigational Drug Vedolizumab, in Moderately to Severely Active Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in the United States
9. Nektar Therapeutics Presents Positive Data from Human Abuse Liability Study for NKTR-181, a First-in-Class Investigational Opioid to Treat Chronic Pain, at 2013 Annual Meeting of The College on Problems of Drug Dependence
10. NeuroDerm Announces Presentation of Data from Studies Evaluating ND0612, an Investigational Levodopa Continuous Administration Drug, in Healthy Volunteers and in Patients with Advanced Parkinsons Disease
11. AbbVie Presents Preliminary Results from Phase I Study of Investigational Oncology Compound ABT-199/GDC-0199 in Patients with High-Risk Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) at European Hematology Association Annual Meeting