Dr. Michael O'Reilly, Executive Vice President of Medical Affairs for Masimo, stated: "We appreciate the work of these clinical researchers for not only validating the value of SpHb and PVI, but for also showing that invasive hemoglobin spot check measurements--considered to be the gold standard--have similar bias and precision as our noninvasive, continuous hemoglobin measurements. These new Masimo Rainbow SET studies reinforce the importance of monitoring changes in hemoglobin--facilitated by Masimo's continuous SpHb monitoring technology as opposed to a single measurement of hemoglobin--when caring for patients at risk for significant blood loss."
(1) Allard, M., Macknet, M., Kherzi, S., Rook, J. "Accuracy of Noninvasive Hemoglobin Measurements by Pulse CO-Oximetry in Hemodilution Subjects." ASA 2009 Annual Meeting: A184. Anesthesiology, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California.
(2) Torp, K., Aniskevich, S., Shine, T., Shapiro, D., Peiris, P. "Validation of a New Noninvasive Hemoglobin Algorithm in Patients Undergoing Liver Transplantation." ASA 2009 Annual Meeting: A751. Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida.
(3) Torp, K., Shine, T., Aniskevich, S., Peiris, P., Shapiro, D. "Comparison of Coulter Counter and Co-Oximeter (pHOx) Measurements for Hemoglobin." ASA 2009 Annual Meeting: A937. Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida.
(4) Rook, J., Khezri, S., Bertolizio, G., Allard, M. "Arterio-Venous Hemoglobin Differences in Healthy Subjects During Rapid Volume Expansion." ASA 2009 Annual Meeting: A1294. Department of Anesthesiology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California.
(5) Desebbe, O., Robin, J., Lehot, J., Cannesson, M. "Influence of Site of Measurement to Predict Automatically and Noninvasively Fluid Responsiveness." ASA 2009 Annual Meeting: A477. Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon Bron, Fr
|SOURCE Masimo Corporation|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved